Panormitis happenings

24 May 2016 | Rodds Bay
24 December 2015
06 November 2015 | Bustard bay
04 November 2015 | Port Bundaberg Marina
27 October 2015 | Port Bundaberg
17 October 2015 | Mele Maat
04 October 2015 | Village of Mele
27 September 2015 | Port Vila
27 September 2015 | Mololo LaiLai
10 September 2015 | Vuda Marina
02 September 2015 | Lautoka
31 August 2015 | Lautoka Fiji
24 August 2015 | Nieafu Tonga
24 August 2015 | Aloft Niue
24 August 2015 | Beveridge Reef
24 August 2015 | Palmerston Island
24 August 2015 | Maupihaa
23 August 2015 | Raiatea
22 August 2015 | Moorea
21 August 2015 | Baie D'Opunohu

Sardines

02 May 2014 | Lavrio Greece
fine
How to prepare,cook and eat sardines.
At home the sardine either came in tins or was used as bait. Here however they are high on the menu both at the markets and at the restaurants. So Glen decided he would like to try some. I hadn't ever thought about cooking them but had seen recipies to do so. So both Glen and I had a sardine cook off.
First buy the sardines. They must be fresh and eaten the same day. That part was easy. The fishing boats come nearly every day with them but we chose to buy at the markets on Thursday. €2.99 per kilo........very economical to feed 4. They put them into a heavy duty paper cone, fold over the top and off you go.
Now, to scale, gut and get the backbone out. I'll bet all you fisherpersons who catch large fish at home are wondering what we are doing. We are wondering too, but get on with the job out on the marina thankyou. First pull the head off taking most of the gut. Run your thumb down the belly to really clean it out. Then push the fish flat, pick up the backbone at the head end and peel it back detatching at the tail. Wash thoroughly and they are ready to cook.
Glen chose to do a fresh tomato, onion and garlic sauce to finish cooking his first choice in and his second way was to pan fry coated with curry and flour. My 2 ways was first to stuff with garlic slivers and drizzle with olive oil,top with some thin lemon slice a nd wrap in grape leaves and pan fried. My second choice was to make fresh breadcrumbs and crumb them and shallow fry.
Liz made the most authentic Greek salad and we sat down to Sardines 4 ways with salad.
Yummie! A little fiddling but what an outcome...........Enjoyed by all with appropriate wines.
Comments
Vessel Name: Panormitis
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 410S2
Hailing Port: Gladstone Australia
Crew: Gary and Del Whitmore
About: Gary has salt water in his veins and needs to be near or on the water. Del is his wife and his sailing partner.
Extra: We learned to sail together back in 1977 and have enjoyed a variety of yachts since then. We have previously purchased a monohull in Croatia and took 18months to sail it back to Australia. Now we are doing the trip again this time with a catamaran.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/panormitis
Social:

Panormitis @ anchor

Who: Gary and Del Whitmore
Port: Gladstone Australia