Panormitis happenings

24 May 2016 | Rodds Bay
24 December 2015
06 November 2015 | Bustard bay
04 November 2015 | Port Bundaberg Marina
27 October 2015 | Port Bundaberg
17 October 2015 | Mele Maat
04 October 2015 | Village of Mele
27 September 2015 | Port Vila
27 September 2015 | Mololo LaiLai
10 September 2015 | Vuda Marina
02 September 2015 | Lautoka
31 August 2015 | Lautoka Fiji
24 August 2015 | Nieafu Tonga
24 August 2015 | Aloft Niue
24 August 2015 | Beveridge Reef
24 August 2015 | Palmerston Island
24 August 2015 | Maupihaa
23 August 2015 | Raiatea
22 August 2015 | Moorea
21 August 2015 | Baie D'Opunohu

The Schengen Agreement (Part 3)

13 November 2014
The Schegen Agreement (Part 3)
Now it is time to really leave the EU and Spain, the Canaries being part of both. Gary and I set off to clear out around the waterfront. We left Glen and Liz doing the final provisioning of perishables. We filled in the required form, got it stamped and then " please....your passports" Oh dear!!!!!Shock horror!!!!!the Schengen Agreement was mentioned. Much conversation in Spanish with us and other staff and finally an interpreter arrived to help out. We explained our experience in Tarifa and that we wouldn't be coming back into the area. Still lots of talking among themselves. Finally the interpreter ( a funny guy with a great sense of humour) says to us " You have never been ashore since you left Greece" Yes we say. "No you haven't been ashore since you left Greece. You phoned up for your beers to be delivered to your boat...Understand? you have never left the boat and you definately didn't go to Tarifa. In fact we have never seen you....now do you understand? This stamped form will clear you into the Cape Verdes but there will be no stamp in the passports.....you know....you have never been here, okay? You have only one problem......if and when you want to return to the EU you will have to deal with your embassy for visas as your present passports have you arriving in the EU but never leaving. So now you may leave the place you have never been." Relieved we shook hands with the officer and the interpreter and we left wishing them "Feliz Navidad" (Merry Christmas).
Three times lucky!!!! This explanation is not meant as advice to do as we did but just an insight into the experiences of visiting numerous countries and their customs and requirements.
Cape Verdes, here we come
Comments
Vessel Name: Panormitis
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 410S2
Hailing Port: Gladstone Australia
Crew: Gary and Del Whitmore
About: Gary has salt water in his veins and needs to be near or on the water. Del is his wife and his sailing partner.
Extra: We learned to sail together back in 1977 and have enjoyed a variety of yachts since then. We have previously purchased a monohull in Croatia and took 18months to sail it back to Australia. Now we are doing the trip again this time with a catamaran.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/panormitis
Social:

Panormitis @ anchor

Who: Gary and Del Whitmore
Port: Gladstone Australia