Panormitis happenings

24 May 2016 | Rodds Bay
24 December 2015
06 November 2015 | Bustard bay
04 November 2015 | Port Bundaberg Marina
27 October 2015 | Port Bundaberg
17 October 2015 | Mele Maat
04 October 2015 | Village of Mele
27 September 2015 | Port Vila
27 September 2015 | Mololo LaiLai
10 September 2015 | Vuda Marina
02 September 2015 | Lautoka
31 August 2015 | Lautoka Fiji
24 August 2015 | Nieafu Tonga
24 August 2015 | Aloft Niue
24 August 2015 | Beveridge Reef
24 August 2015 | Palmerston Island
24 August 2015 | Maupihaa
23 August 2015 | Raiatea
22 August 2015 | Moorea
21 August 2015 | Baie D'Opunohu

Crossing the Atlantic Ocean

16 December 2014 | Out there in the sea
Crossing the Atlantic Ocean
Because the Maritime police don't work on the weekends, we had to wait for Monday morning and of course it was very busy with arrivals as well as those of us wanting to leave. It was 0945 when we lifted the anchor and headed into a choppy channel between the islands. We had 15 - 20 knts and rocketed along doing from 6 to 10 knts over the ground. A great start for a long trip.
The next day saw a large swell and clouds with the wind staying constant. Day 3 and we have 5 small Mahi Mahi and 1 large Wahoo.........................YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Fish for the next few days. We did lose 2 lures during the catching of the wahoo so we guessed there must have been a large school of them going past. We settled back into the watches and sleeping odd times. The next few days saw rain, winds 20-28 knts and squalls during the nights. We lost a blade off the wind generator so our power production reduced. All the wind and no generator................and with rain, those solar panels don't work, so we had to go back to the old motor to charge the batteries. We have installed a smart regulator which puts more into the batteries for longer. We had one on T REX and didn't think to send one over so ended up buying and installing one in Gibralta.
Day 7 and the winds dropped back to 10 - 15 knts and it was obvious with our speed. A slow night followed up with morning squalls. We have not had a sunrise or sunset without clouds on the horizon.

Comments
Vessel Name: Panormitis
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 410S2
Hailing Port: Gladstone Australia
Crew: Gary and Del Whitmore
About: Gary has salt water in his veins and needs to be near or on the water. Del is his wife and his sailing partner.
Extra: We learned to sail together back in 1977 and have enjoyed a variety of yachts since then. We have previously purchased a monohull in Croatia and took 18months to sail it back to Australia. Now we are doing the trip again this time with a catamaran.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/panormitis
Social:

Panormitis @ anchor

Who: Gary and Del Whitmore
Port: Gladstone Australia