Panormitis happenings

24 May 2016 | Rodds Bay
24 December 2015
06 November 2015 | Bustard bay
04 November 2015 | Port Bundaberg Marina
27 October 2015 | Port Bundaberg
17 October 2015 | Mele Maat
04 October 2015 | Village of Mele
27 September 2015 | Port Vila
27 September 2015 | Mololo LaiLai
10 September 2015 | Vuda Marina
02 September 2015 | Lautoka
31 August 2015 | Lautoka Fiji
24 August 2015 | Nieafu Tonga
24 August 2015 | Aloft Niue
24 August 2015 | Beveridge Reef
24 August 2015 | Palmerston Island
24 August 2015 | Maupihaa
23 August 2015 | Raiatea
22 August 2015 | Moorea
21 August 2015 | Baie D'Opunohu

LIFE IN THE ANCHORAGE

27 March 2015 | CARTAGENA BAY
One of our neighbours in the anchorage is an Australian ketch with Nick, Andrea and their 2 delightful teenage daughters Ella and Millie. They have been here 5 weeks so were a wealth of information regarding clearing in. From last time we knew we would have to have an agent as they won’t deal directly with the captain. They recommended Manfred, a German with a local wife and family who uses the airconditioned café in the supermarket as his office. We meet him there and hand over the required papers and ask for a refrigeration mechanic ( the new fridge chucked it in a few days before we arrived) and for him to contact the haul out people. As it is a public holiday on Monday we were surprised to find our appointment with the customs, immigration and health officers was set for 9am at the marina…….just shove those tools off this soon to be kitchen bench and dust it down so the paper work stays clean. Manfred had brought a fold up stool but the rest of us had to sit on the step or stand. All sorted with some money changing hands between Manfred and one of the guys and off they went. We still have to have a temporary import of the boat which is supposed to happen within 48 hrs. They actually come on board and physically check the engine numbers. Of course ours has an error on both the bill of sale and the registration papers but they seemed happy and Gary returned them to the office and came away with the paperwork. We have asked about a multiple entry visa in case we want to visit the West coast of Colombia in the Pacific but it all seems too hard so we don’t know. Nick and his family are moving into the marina proper when they can find a space as some one boarded their boat the night before last trying to steal their ne outboard. They have since put their old one back on the dinghy for the time being. With 2 young girls on board, Nick is not taking chances. The following night another boat was robbed of an inverter and computors, while they were ashore. What a pity that the impression of the place becomes tainted…I must say that the evidence of guns that was everywhere last time is no longer obvious. The security guys aren’t armed like before so I’m not sure what has happened in the last 6 years.

Comments
Vessel Name: Panormitis
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 410S2
Hailing Port: Gladstone Australia
Crew: Gary and Del Whitmore
About: Gary has salt water in his veins and needs to be near or on the water. Del is his wife and his sailing partner.
Extra: We learned to sail together back in 1977 and have enjoyed a variety of yachts since then. We have previously purchased a monohull in Croatia and took 18months to sail it back to Australia. Now we are doing the trip again this time with a catamaran.
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/panormitis
Social:

Panormitis @ anchor

Who: Gary and Del Whitmore
Port: Gladstone Australia