Beyond Midlife Crisis

24 June 2012 | Canada
23 June 2012 | Boom!
15 June 2012 | Thetis Island Canada
28 May 2012 | La Paz
27 May 2012 | La Paz
25 May 2012 | La Paz
24 May 2012 | back in La Paz
29 April 2012 | Punta San Telmo
24 April 2012 | Marina Palmira, La Paz
13 April 2012 | Marina Palmira
02 April 2012 | Underway:
30 March 2012 | San Blas
27 March 2012 | La Cruz, Nayarate Mex
23 March 2012 | Ipala
22 March 2012 | Chamela
20 March 2012 | Tenacatitia
18 March 2012 | Melaque, mx
17 March 2012 | Barra Lagoon
17 March 2012 | Back in the Barra Lagoon

San Juanico

15 June 2012 | Thetis Island Canada
Virg
Our next stop was the lovely bay of San Juanico which had several anchoring options. We chose to be in the Northern hook which was between a rocky peninsula and a small islet. Every morning we were awoken by the tweerping of Osprey that were nesting on the pinnacles of the islet. There was some good hiking with the motivation provided by searching for "Apache Tears". (These were shards of obsidian that represented the tears of the Apache families after all the braves chose death over capture. If you had one of these tears you never need cry as the families had done all the crying for you.) We never did find any tears but had a great hike! There is a cruisers shrine set up on the corner of the beach there, which had an interesting collection of flotsam and jetsam. The second night there, we had a few other boats arrive and anchor around us making it very snug. Double Diamond showed up and we enjoyed boat drinks with Melody and Jeff who were from the Seattle area. In fact, we met more Canadians and people from WA state than anywhere else. The following morning we squeezed out of our anchorage and motored 8 miles on down to Mangles. This was a great little anchorage with no one there! There was terrific spearfishing and Todd bagged 2 big Pargos and a yellow barred jack over the 2 days we were there. In addition to the excellent fishing, we had a fun time beach combing and enjoyed a bonfire on the beach with some wonderful wine that my brother and sister in-law had given us back in May from New Zealand. The only downer was a gouged hand after we had been exploring the sea caves and striated cliffs near by. This actually happened after I swam back from a quick on-shore excursion to check out some black rocks that I thought might be the ever-elusive Apache Tears. Not sure what I cut my hand on as the rocks were all smooth and slippery. (I was more worried about breaking a hip!). Anyway, Todd took excellent care of me and for 5 days I got to sit around and eat bon-bons while he cooked and cleaned and did the usual boat jobs. During this time we were 2 days back in Escondido, 2 days on Isla Carmen at the Salinas anchorage where we reconnected with the Loomba Loomba's (Jim and Crissy), and a day in Candaleros to catch up on WiFi. More later, Cheers!
Comments
Vessel Name: Wildflower
Vessel Make/Model: Passport 40
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Virginia Duncan & Todd Eversole

Who: Virginia Duncan & Todd Eversole
Port: San Francisco