Random Tacks

Some thoughts as take our Taswell 43 to where it doesn't snow....

21 August 2009
05 August 2009 | Lexington, MA
11 July 2009 | Prudence Island, RI
29 June 2009 | Atlantic City, NJ
18 June 2009 | Great Bridge, Chesapeake VA
05 June 2009 | Charleston, SC
25 May 2009 | Cocoa Beach, FL
21 May 2009 | Lake Worth, FL
14 May 2009 | North Palm Beach, FL
09 May 2009 | Key West, FL
06 May 2009 | Conch Republic
25 April 2009 | Key West, FL
18 April 2009
17 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
17 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
14 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
12 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
11 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico
08 April 2009 | Isla Mujeres, Mexico

Back in New England

11 July 2009 | Prudence Island, RI
Carolyn
You know, awhile back I wrote about things being a question of perspective and, even though in reality it was only May, how I felt as if we were heading back to winter.

That was SUPPOSED to be what is called 'irony.'

I WAS JOKING!

What's with the cold weather in July? The other day we heard a weather forecast predicting nighttime lows in the 50's and some places could see temps in the 40's.

In Connecticut?

In July?

What is this?!?!?!?

I guess there is no satisfying me because right about now I am really craving the sweaty heat of Panama and Colombia. That same heat that had me breaking out in a heat rash for 3 months.

I think my last post was about our irksome trip to Atlantic City. We left there and headed to Sandy Hook. It was a quiet trip. That is until about 30 minutes out when a squall hit with 30+ kt winds and rain. The squall made the Sandy Hook anchorage untenable so we tucked on in to Atlantic Highlands in New Jersey. We liked both the anchorage and the town - with easy access to grocery stores, a laundromat and, more importanatly, a bagel store.

We were going to head out the next day, but woke to find that Julie and Mark on 'Rachel' had pulled in. We opted to stay the day so we could visit with them.

Then we found out about the fireworks. Turns out their display was going to be the next day so. we stayed another day to watch them (a very nice show).

From Atlantic Highlands we headed to Port Washington where we visited with Andrew's brother's family (and the latest addition to the clan, Cameron, who was born while we were gone and is now five months old).

From there it was a couple stops along Long Island Sound and into Narragansett Bay where we are now 'gunkholing' around. We're trying out some locations and anchorages we've never visited. On our 'to-do' list is a visit to Newport to catch a Gulls game. The Newport Gulls are a collegiate summer league baseball team. I'm looking forward to watching a small town baseball game; I figure we saw the 'Tigres' in Cartagena, why not the Gulls in Newport?

We are trying to hook up with Joe from "Onward" (also am old friend from the Bahamas). From there, we'll see, but I expect that we'll head up the Cape Cod Canal later this week. That'll put us back in Massachusetts Bay.

Sigh..
Comments
Vessel Name: Pendragon
Vessel Make/Model: Taswell 43
Hailing Port: Salem, MA
Crew: Andrew & Carolyn
About: Spinnaker & Jigger (reluctantly)

Who: Andrew & Carolyn
Port: Salem, MA