Dragonflights

The Cruises of the sailing vessel Dragonfly out of Toronto and Thunder Bay, Ontario.

14 July 2018 | Port Huron Michigan
11 July 2018 | St. Clair River
08 July 2018 | Detroit Yacht Club
05 July 2018 | Fort Malden
04 July 2018 | Detroit River Light
03 July 2018 | Put In Bay, Ohio
30 June 2018 | Scudder, North Dock, Pelee Island
29 June 2018 | Put In Bay, Ohio
26 June 2018 | Scudder, Pelee Island, ON
24 June 2018 | Erieau, ON
22 June 2018 | Erie, PA
20 June 2018 | Erie, PA
17 June 2018 | Port Dover, ON
14 June 2018 | Erie Basin Marina, Buffalo NY
13 June 2018 | Sugar Loaf Marina, Port Colborne ON
09 June 2018 | Fifty Point Yacht Club
08 June 2018 | Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
05 June 2018 | Port Dalhousie
03 June 2018 | Port Dalhousie
14 September 2013

Sittin', waiting', chillin'

22 June 2018 | Erie, PA
Rain, strong winds, cold
Day 3 stuck in Erie.....
It's pouring rain, the winds on the lake are peaking at close to 30 knots and producing occasion 3 metre waves.... we choose not to subject ourselves to that so we've been trying to amuse ourselves in the wonderful little city of Erie, Pennsylvania.

We have visited the wonderful BrewErie at the restored Union Station (twice, once for dinner and again today for lunch). We spent the better part of Wednesday at the amazing Marine Museum and at the Bayfront Maritime Centre. Last night there was a big block party on the main pier with coupled of local bands and beer..... We toured the harbour (actually a trip across to the State Park Marina for a free pump-out and a top-up of the diesel (9 litres, we didn't burn much coming across from Port Dover).

In the ongoing saga of boat maintenance struggles, I disassembled the head pump to try to see what's wrong as it's not flushing properly..... I think we got it working well enough, but my friend Scott is bringing a parts package from Toronto on Sunday). Someone once described cruising as sailing your boat to strange new places to make repairs.... this is so true.

The forecasts for wind and weather look really promising for tomorrow and Sunday so the plan is to head for Ashtabula, Ohio tomorrow and then cross to Erieau, Ontario on Sunday.

Tonight we're planning on a cozy meal in a nice warm pub. The picture is from the tower on the end of the pier of Dobbin's Landing, Dragonfly is down in the marina, see if you can spot her, first one to do so will get a toast drunk in their honour with a pic posted on FB!
Comments
Vessel Name: Dragonfly
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 30-2
Hailing Port: QCYC, Toronto, ON, and Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Crew: Dave Robinson, Heather McCance, Cara Robinson, Spinnaker (Ship's Cat) & Leia the RookieShip's Collie
Home Page: http://www.mccance-robinson.ca/
Social: