Dragonflights

The Cruises of the sailing vessel Dragonfly out of Toronto and Thunder Bay, Ontario.

14 July 2018 | Port Huron Michigan
11 July 2018 | St. Clair River
08 July 2018 | Detroit Yacht Club
05 July 2018 | Fort Malden
04 July 2018 | Detroit River Light
03 July 2018 | Put In Bay, Ohio
30 June 2018 | Scudder, North Dock, Pelee Island
29 June 2018 | Put In Bay, Ohio
26 June 2018 | Scudder, Pelee Island, ON
24 June 2018 | Erieau, ON
22 June 2018 | Erie, PA
20 June 2018 | Erie, PA
17 June 2018 | Port Dover, ON
14 June 2018 | Erie Basin Marina, Buffalo NY
13 June 2018 | Sugar Loaf Marina, Port Colborne ON
09 June 2018 | Fifty Point Yacht Club
08 June 2018 | Royal Hamilton Yacht Club
05 June 2018 | Port Dalhousie
03 June 2018 | Port Dalhousie
14 September 2013

On down the Lake

26 June 2018 | Scudder, Pelee Island, ON
So Monday dawned breezy and bright, the lake was still very rough and we decided to stay in port at Erieau, Marina. It's a lovely facility with all kinds of amenities including a heated pool, laundromat, LCBO and a well stocked chandlery. We took Scott's car, and along with some visiting sailors fro Ohio we went up to Chatham to the big Sobey's and the LCBO to re-stock the boat.

In the afternoon Scot shuttled his car to Leamington and cabbed it back. I spent the time doing laundry, repairing the head with the parts kit that Scott Brough from Toronto (it now works better than new) and taking apart and repairing the high-volume bilge pump which had failed on the Susan Hood Race (it now works a treat as well). On his return we settled in for a proper happy hour and then grilled some wonderful steaks with a great Caesar salad and a Pelee Back Noir. We finished the evening in our cockpit with the sailors from Ohio sharing tunes, beverages and good craic.....

The forecast on Tuesday was promising, so we headed out after filling the diesel tank 10am. We cleared the break wall, unfurled the Genoa and turned of the engine and spent the next 8 hours sailing east at a great clip. We crossed Pelee Passage at speeds over 7 knots, tough 8.5 on some surfs, arriving at Scudder Marina around 6pm. Total engine time for the 45 mile sail was less than 10 minutes.

Tomorrow we will see if the forecast severe thunderstorms pass and allow unto cross into the American islands. We are done with the big, open water parts of Lake Erie.
Comments
Vessel Name: Dragonfly
Vessel Make/Model: Ericson 30-2
Hailing Port: QCYC, Toronto, ON, and Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Crew: Dave Robinson, Heather McCance, Cara Robinson, Spinnaker (Ship's Cat) & Leia the RookieShip's Collie
Home Page: http://www.mccance-robinson.ca/
Social: