Petrella European Tour

Sailing adventure

09 October 2013 | Bristol and Illogan
28 November 2012 | Illogan
13 November 2012 | Gallery
28 September 2012
26 September 2012 | Roscoff
02 September 2012 | L'aberwrac'h
02 September 2012 | St Evette
28 August 2012 | Benodet
25 August 2012 | St Gilles-Croix-De-Vie
18 August 2012
18 August 2012 | La Rochelle
12 August 2012 | St Jean de Luz
31 July 2012 | Guetaria
27 July 2012 | Hondarribia
25 July 2012 | Hondarribia
19 July 2012 | Hondarribia
13 July 2012 | St Jean de Luz

31st Aug 2012 - Benodet to St Evette

02 September 2012 | St Evette
Michael Wilson
Finally the winds decided to die down and it looked like we would be able to move on from Benodet - an area of high pressure had come in and the initially windy conditions had reduced as it became more established. We settled up with the friendly people in the Capitainerie, then waited for a Halberg Rassey to finish on the fuel pontoon so we could go and restock with diesel - 1Euro70 a litre here. We waited until slack water Low Tide as the tide fair rips out here at the marina - have seen many a boat underestimate the tide here with plenty of prangs (a brand new Bavaria well and truly stacked it yesterday attempting to ferry glide at way too much of an angle wrapping his stern around the bow of the Nordship, and this morning a French boat wondered why they couldn't get off a pontoon they were being pinned against by 3 knots of current). Off we set doing the usual of bringing in the ropes and fenders and hoisted the sails just outside the harbour entrance. The wind was from the North about force 3 to 4 and we goosewinged down through between the East and West cardinals marking the exit out of the bay then on we went Cardinal buoy hopping around Point Penmarch. The wind was helpful up until when we rounded the headland when we had to give up as the wind was right on the nose and we weren't going to make St Evette until 8pm even if we started motoring now. We had sailed right into the bay though so the sea was flatter and we had a good angle following the bay round to our destination. We anchored just East of the moorings at St Evette - the water was flat calm and there were several other boats doing the same thing - it's a very handy anchorage here to have a break and wait for the tide being right to round the Raz de Sein.....
Comments
Vessel Name: Petrella
Vessel Make/Model: Moody 36
Hailing Port: Mylor (Falmouth)
Crew: Michael Wilson, Kimberley Cook, Bells, and Whistle
About: Petrella is a Moody 36 owned by Kim and Michael, with Kim's dogs Bells and Whistle providing assistance as they sail around Europe on a sailing adventure!
Social:

Petrella European Tour

Who: Michael Wilson, Kimberley Cook, Bells, and Whistle
Port: Mylor (Falmouth)