Sail Pinocchio

Adventures of Two by Sea

20 May 2019
19 May 2019
12 May 2019
12 May 2019
04 May 2019
24 April 2019
19 April 2019
19 April 2019
07 April 2019
27 March 2019
13 March 2019
09 March 2019
02 March 2019
25 February 2019
07 February 2019
30 January 2019

“We’re not in Woodacre anymore”. Bienvenido A Mexico! 🇲🇽

09 November 2018
Hola!

We are in Ensenada. Arrived on the 7th. Will try to head south again tomorrow; had planned to leave today but that was before we visited the famous saloon (read dive bar) Hussong's last night preceded by having a fish bowl sized margarita at it's birthplace, Bar Andaluz Ugg; fuzzy today.

All is well on the good ship Pinocchio. Mexico paperwork was a chore but should be mostly behind us now; a bureaucratic group these Mexicans. Ensenada is an evolving old and small city trying to cater to cruise ships and tourists with many small and colorful vendor spaces along the waterfront selling all things unnecessary. There is a long and wide wharf side promenade with colorful shops, fountains, loud music and barkers vying for passersby to eat at their outdoor restaurants. We also visited, Mercado Negro, a large outdoor fish market easy to find; follow your nose. The purveyors proudly and artistically display all types of Pescado, shellfish, and invertebrates; and are standing by to answer questions while brushing away squadrons of flies with feathery swatters. In the business section of town boom boxes blaring Latin music are everywhere used in an attempt to draw customers; we even came upon a gas station playing deafening loud music accompanied with dancers and a barker on a loud speaker booming on about the price and quality of the fuel.

"We're not in Woodacre anymore"
Hasta luego!
Comments
Vessel Name: Pinocchio
Vessel Make/Model: Custom Frers 33
Hailing Port: Woodacre, California
Crew: David Pressley and Susan Micheletti
About: David, Skipper; Susan, First Mate (soon to be skipper...shhh mutiny!)
Extra:
Pinocchio was built entirely of Spanish cedar in Brazil and launched in 1991. A stout yet light West System cold-molded custom boat built to a German Frers design, with a LOA of 33.5 feet, beam of 11.5 feet and 6’ draft. Pinocchio’s build and history includes many days’ labor of love and [...]
Pinocchio's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 2 October 2018