Sail Pinocchio

Adventures of Two by Sea

20 May 2019
19 May 2019
12 May 2019
12 May 2019
04 May 2019
24 April 2019
19 April 2019
19 April 2019
07 April 2019
27 March 2019
13 March 2019
09 March 2019
02 March 2019
25 February 2019
07 February 2019
30 January 2019

We’ve Rounded The Corner!

29 November 2018
Hola!

Rounding the Cabo corner last Sunday at 1200 hours, we were accompanied by a fleet of 50 or more sport fishers, all going every direction! It was quite the gauntlet navigating around them as we had our jib poled out and the main sail on a preventer.

Once around the rocks, We gasped at the sight of CSL's busy bay, harbor and town. The bay was full of pangas, water taxis, glass bottom boats, jet skis, tour boats which made it equivalent to sailing in a huge agitating washing machine. Hotels and condos lined shore from end to end, all with beach activities and music. Welcome to lively Cabo...what a scene!

We anchored off the beach at the east end of the bay, thinking it would be quieter. Later in the day, three cruise ships joined the anchorage, adding to fun!

I got swamped when we took the dinghy ashore by boats going every which way, causing wakes almost the size of "the perfect storm"! At least it looked that way while I was in the bow of our little dingy and about to eat it! Meanwhile "Captain" David (and I use that term loosely) is "Manning" the outboard, dry as a bone. Hmmm...note to self: I need to take the "conn" next time we are in the dinghy!

Cabo town was crazy and full of tourists and vendors. Little shops lined the streets with everything you'd never need, or want. The bar scene was fun to see...Squid Row, Cabo Wabo, The Monkey Bar to name a few. Thanks to our sailing friend, Sharon, from SV Obsession, the three of us found a great fish taco place a bit off the beaten track, "Barracruda", where we each enjoyed three tasty fish tacos and a beer for $5!

Later in the day we explored the arch and rocks off Cabo. This time I was ready for the wakes...I wore my swimisuit...bring it on! Still working on taking the "conn" for the dinghy...

Evening ended with 2 fireworks displays...just because...while we listened to the soundtrack of "Beauty and the Beast" in Spanish being blasted from some location on shore...that's Cabo!








Comments
Vessel Name: Pinocchio
Vessel Make/Model: Custom Frers 33
Hailing Port: Woodacre, California
Crew: David Pressley and Susan Micheletti
About: David, Skipper; Susan, First Mate (soon to be skipper...shhh mutiny!)
Extra:
Pinocchio was built entirely of Spanish cedar in Brazil and launched in 1991. A stout yet light West System cold-molded custom boat built to a German Frers design, with a LOA of 33.5 feet, beam of 11.5 feet and 6’ draft. Pinocchio’s build and history includes many days’ labor of love and [...]
Pinocchio's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 2 October 2018