Sail Pinocchio

Adventures of Two by Sea

20 May 2019
19 May 2019
12 May 2019
12 May 2019
04 May 2019
24 April 2019
19 April 2019
19 April 2019
07 April 2019
27 March 2019
13 March 2019
09 March 2019
02 March 2019
25 February 2019
07 February 2019
30 January 2019

Good news... Bad news... Good News again!

10 December 2018
Good news....
Wiith the help of H&M Beta Marine in Sausalito cause of alternator/regulator problem sleuthed out!

Bad news!
The Balmar External regulator failed and put out too much field of charge to the alternator that came with the Beta engine. So the alternator burned out!

More Bad news!
We need a new regulator as the spare Alternator David installed yesterday, is in fact, set up to run externally. Ordered one today from Swedish Marine for $450! Yikes.

There was another issue with the shut off solenoid. It was getting stuck. This what was causing the engine to not turn over upon starting. Note to self: carry spare solenoids next trip! David lubricated it, but we are sure it will fail again.

Our solar panels are not working up to par, because of sun angle this time of year.

Good news Again!
We were able to borrow a shore power cord. So we've got power, at least when we are tied to the dock.

Luckily for us, one of the cruisers here in Mazatlán is going to back US today on business; so Swedish Marine is overnight shipping to him and he will bring it back with him this Friday upon his return to the Mazatlán. Keeping fingers crossed.

Oh the pleasures of cruising life! Things break and then you stop somewhere to fix them. It does give "Macgyver" something to do...but I think he'd rather be swimming or reading a book!

We will be staying another week here at Marina El Cid. We've met lots of new cruising friends, so we have great company; we are enjoying the resort here, with two swimming pools, poolside bar/meal service, outdoor massage; and now we will be able to enjoy Wednesday's Posada here at the Marina!

Oh, does anyone know of any good chandleries or marine electronic businesses here in Mazatlan or La Cruz/PV? Might need a Plan B if Plan A doesn't work....







Comments
Vessel Name: Pinocchio
Vessel Make/Model: Custom Frers 33
Hailing Port: Woodacre, California
Crew: David Pressley and Susan Micheletti
About: David, Skipper; Susan, First Mate (soon to be skipper...shhh mutiny!)
Extra:
Pinocchio was built entirely of Spanish cedar in Brazil and launched in 1991. A stout yet light West System cold-molded custom boat built to a German Frers design, with a LOA of 33.5 feet, beam of 11.5 feet and 6’ draft. Pinocchio’s build and history includes many days’ labor of love and [...]
Pinocchio's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 2 October 2018