Sail Pinocchio

Adventures of Two by Sea

20 May 2019
19 May 2019
12 May 2019
12 May 2019
04 May 2019
24 April 2019
19 April 2019
19 April 2019
07 April 2019
27 March 2019
13 March 2019
09 March 2019
02 March 2019
25 February 2019
07 February 2019
30 January 2019

Feliz Navidad!

25 December 2018
David and I are sitting on Pinocchio in La Cruz Marina. We are reflecting on Christmas's past with family and friends. This year, we chose to have Christmas in Mexico on Pinocchio. Banderas Bay is beautiful and warm. The town of La Cruz is low-keyed and quaint. A perfect location to "get away" for the holidays...be careful what you wish for. We are having the most "un-Christmas" Christmas we've ever had!

Something is missing...our hearts are feeling the emptiness of not being together with our dear family at our "tree house" in Woodacre. There's always too much food and wine, which leads to lively conversations, laughs, and sometimes tears. This is what family is about. Celebrating with each other, marking time, and most important, being together with loved ones.

New Years Eve is traditionally celebrated with our neighbors on the "knob" in Woodacre, otherwise known as "Weirdacre"! We will miss the lively festivities with our fellow "knobians", where I usually end up wearing a lampshade, and dancing my feet off!

It's Christmas Day. We are joining a pot luck dinner here at Marina La Cruz, with maybe 100 other cruisers, most of whom we do not know. I'm making a sauted fresh shrimp dish with garlic, butter, white wine, and parsley to share. We will have the comradere of fellow cruisers where sailing tales, knowledge and adventures will be shared. No plans yet for New Years Eve.

Merry Christmas dear family and friends. We are there with you in "spirit" this year!

Comments
Vessel Name: Pinocchio
Vessel Make/Model: Custom Frers 33
Hailing Port: Woodacre, California
Crew: David Pressley and Susan Micheletti
About: David, Skipper; Susan, First Mate (soon to be skipper...shhh mutiny!)
Extra:
Pinocchio was built entirely of Spanish cedar in Brazil and launched in 1991. A stout yet light West System cold-molded custom boat built to a German Frers design, with a LOA of 33.5 feet, beam of 11.5 feet and 6’ draft. Pinocchio’s build and history includes many days’ labor of love and [...]
Pinocchio's Photos - Main
5 Photos
Created 2 October 2018