Messages from Ship's Chicken

30 July 2015 | Largs
30 July 2015 | Loch Drumbuie
29 July 2015 | Mallaig
17 July 2015 | Lochboisdale
17 July 2015 | Canna
17 July 2015 | Canna
13 July 2015 | Arisaig
13 July 2015 | Kerrera and Tobermory
23 June 2015 | Loch Aline
20 June 2015 | Tarbert, Loch Fyne
18 May 2015 | Largs/Gifford
14 May 2015 | Largs
10 May 2015 | Largs and Gifford
08 May 2015 | Castle Carrick, Loch Goil

Back on track

17 July 2015 | Canna
Rosemary
John the engineer was with us by 08.30. The starter motor went through all its tricks for him. He took it apart, oiled, tweaked and reassembled and we all agreed that the problem is just the button. But we learnt a thing or two and were content to continue on our way. A quick ashore for showers and provisions and we made the tide to get back out over the sand bar and past all the markers. Of course the only wind that there was, was right on our nose so it was onwards under motor again.
We arrived into Canna mid afternoon and picked up the second last buoy. First time here since these have been added. Not sure better than anchoring but it is good to see Canna flourishing a bit more than last time. Tea and cake at the cafe then walked to the Pictish cross before local rabbit stew for dinner. Couple of purchases at the community shop before Pip took us back to the boat. A lovely sunny evening. Lots of seals and puffins here. Heard a corn crake, very rare bird that both been trying to hear for a long time. Might even see one next??
Tomorrow we'll have to decide where next. Like the motor, stay tuned!
Comments
Vessel Name: Blueberry Hill
Vessel Make/Model: Vancouver 34 Pilot
Hailing Port: Largs
Crew: Rosemary, Gordon, Rocky (Ship's Chicken)
Social:

Blueberry Hill

Who: Rosemary, Gordon, Rocky (Ship's Chicken)
Port: Largs