Piper Adventures

Marsh Harbour - Great Guana

02 February 2015
Partly Cloudy, 75 degrees, 12nms, sea temp 67
Photo is from the marina over looking the entrance to Great Guana harbor.

1-31-2015: Left Marsh Harbour and it was good to move along. Voodoo stayed behind waiting for an alternator and My Life left later in the day. It is more of a city with very narrow streets and big vehicles driving way too fast. Has a big super market, but the prices are more than double the states. A big liquor store with the only thing reasonable is rum made in Kentucky! Not sure how the folks survive, import tax on a vehicle is 85%. A 10k used care in Miami will cost you $18,500, then shipping and who knows how much registration, etc. is. A 7.5% value added tax started in January and that is on slips, ice, water, electric as well. Folks wash their clothes at the laundromat, but take home to dry outside.

Donna...ran into Marc and Ann on Alderann a couple of times in one day. They wanted to know when you were coming back! All The Moorings charter boats were changing out...the ones leaving ...not too happy. If you pay 5-10k for a weeks charter and it is too windy to leave the slip...well. One big cat broke loose from a mooring ball and took the ball with it (bad chain) and ended up with a big hole on one side.

It was a beautiful 12 mile beat in 14-20 to Great Guana. Anchored in Fishers Bay and dragged a little before getting it right. Great to see the beautiful water again. Took a slip at Orchid Bay Marina (50 cents per foot super bowl special) on Sunday for a couple of days to wait out another blow. Very nice place except for the no-see-ums by the pool. The kids (My Life) went out lobster fishing, but no luck. Went to Nippers for the super bowl. Dan (friend of Joe Frost) on Scarlett Lady is here and we had a good time together. He is thinking about buying a building lot over by Treasure...very interesting....hmmm!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: "No Sched..."
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42 MkII
Hailing Port: Solomons Island, MD
Crew: Jerry and Donna Taylor
About:
We celebrated our 42th wedding anniversary on Sept. 14, 2016. We have had power boats, sailboats - Venture 22, Catalina 25, a Soverel 30 that we raced for 27 years and cruised some in. We raced mainly around the Patuxent River, mid-Chesapeake Bay. [...]
"No Sched..."'s Photos - Main
Photos taken since purchase of "No Sched..." in May 2016.
16 Photos
Created 16 January 2017
115 Photos
Created 8 March 2015
120 Photos
Created 2 February 2015
120 Photos
Created 14 January 2015
Travels of Piper going down the Intracoastal Waterway
120 Photos
Created 30 October 2014