Piper Adventures

St.Augustine, FL - Wallys Leg, GA - Cattle Pen Creek, GA - Wright River, SC - Boo-fort, SC - S. Edisto River, SC - Charleston, SC

26 April 2015
Photo is of Kilissa with Carole and Richard Hackett from Solomons leaving Fernandina Beach, FL with 'ye olde' paper mill in the background.

4-23-2015: St. Augustine to Ft. George River, FL. Beautiful day for the 42 miles trip up. Anchored in the narrow river in about 15' of water, but with a very shallow entrance. There is a nice state park there that I want to check out next time. Lots of wild life to watch.

4-24-2015: Left at 10 after the tide came up some. Another beautiful day for the 22 miles trip to Fernandina Beach, FL. Took a mooring ball at the Fernandina Harbor Marina next to my good friends, Carole and Richard Hackett from Solomons on Kilissa. They want to go off shore, but cannot get a weather window and are going to continue up the ICW. Went ashore and had a nice dinner. Nice town and should spend more time there.

4-25-2015: Left at 9 after refueling everything. It was 51 miles to Wally's Leg on the Mackay River, GA. Mostly cloudy, some showers and blowing 20 out of the West. A little lumpy with the tide against the wind at St. Andrew Sound and St. Simons Sound. Carole had me over for a delicious chicken dinner and a very nice evening on the hook. Thunderstorms rolled in around 11 with buckets of rain, but pretty protected in the grasslands.

4-26-2015: Beautiful with winds out of the West at 20 for the 43 miles to Cattle Pen Creek, GA. Another day of winding through the grasslands. Grilled steak dinner on Piper with Carole and Richard.

4-27-2015: Cloudy, misty, rain and then sun for the 55 miles to Wright River, SC. Anchored in a strong current which the stern into the wind. Pretty much the same sooner or later at anchor.

4-28-2015: Cloudy with wind out of the NE at 20. Very lumpy with the wind against the tide going through Port Royal Sound, SC. Did 39 miles and are at mm 536, sea temp 71*. Anchored in Beaufort, SC harbor to possibly wait out a Noreaster and rain tomorrow. Dinner ashore with Carole and Richard.

4-29-2015: Rain delay until noon as the forecast was to clear. Caught the 12:30 bridge opening North of the city. The rain came back after 5 miles and poured, thunderstorms most of the 30 miles. Fighting a foul current the entire way to align for a high tide the next day to get through some skinny water! Anchored in the South Edisto River for a nice and quiet night behind some trees, mm 511, sea temp 66.

4-30-2015: Beautiful day with winds out of the W 10-15. Left at 8 and had foul current for most of the 55 miles to Charleston, SC. Did some motor sailing to help push along another 1/2 knot at times. Anchored at 5 across from the huge city marina with the stern to the waves again. Still buddy boating with Kilissa.
Comments
Vessel Name: "No Sched..."
Vessel Make/Model: Catalina 42 MkII
Hailing Port: Solomons Island, MD
Crew: Jerry and Donna Taylor
About:
We celebrated our 42th wedding anniversary on Sept. 14, 2016. We have had power boats, sailboats - Venture 22, Catalina 25, a Soverel 30 that we raced for 27 years and cruised some in. We raced mainly around the Patuxent River, mid-Chesapeake Bay. [...]
"No Sched..."'s Photos - Main
Photos taken since purchase of "No Sched..." in May 2016.
16 Photos
Created 16 January 2017
115 Photos
Created 8 March 2015
120 Photos
Created 2 February 2015
120 Photos
Created 14 January 2015
Travels of Piper going down the Intracoastal Waterway
120 Photos
Created 30 October 2014