NorthWest Sailing

18 August 2013 | Port Townsend
26 July 2013 | Victoria, BC
25 July 2013 | Victoria, BC
30 April 2012 | Isla Contadora, Panama
27 April 2012 | Balboa Yacht Club, Panama

Delightful moorage

25 July 2013 | Victoria, BC
Victor Raymond
We had a delightful stay right in front of the Victoria Empress Hotel. Hard to believe they let a boat like ours stay right there. I could see them ushering us off to the Fisherman's Wharf where crowd is definitely more plebian. Or perhaps the Port Authority recognizes a superior world traveler when they see one. We are certainly not to be confused the marina set.
Not far from us was the fantastic Athena schooner. Almost 300 feet long, 200 tall masts and some of most impressive rigging I have laid my eyes on. Of course with a crew of realistically a dozen, I guess it is not hard to keep a yacht like that in pristine condition. The best news is that she is for sale for a mere $95 million. For a small fee I can connect you with the owner:)
We currently have Rajah Laut in Victoria harbor but over on the west side in Hidden Harbor Marina. Jim, the owner, could not have been more hospitable and accommodating. We literally had to hand move RL into her slip as this marina was not designed for such large boats as ours. We will return to the boat at the end of July and move on to Ladysmith, Ganges Harbor, Nanaimo and Crane Island before heading back to Port Townsend.
Comments
Vessel Name: Rajah Laut
Vessel Make/Model: Meta Dalu 47
Hailing Port: Peel, Isle of Man
Crew: Victor & Judy Raymond
About: Both in our sixties and want to get and see the world by boat before it is too late.
Extra: Our "new" boat was purchasedd in Venezuela. We sailed through the ABC Islands, San Blas Islands, Panama. Now we are headed to the Pacific Northwest.

s/v Raja Laut

Who: Victor & Judy Raymond
Port: Peel, Isle of Man