After a great week in Dominica (more to come from Alec and Roan on our two canyoning trips) we are going to take advantage of a good looking weather window to head for Bermuda.
The forecast is looking good, with 10 to 20 knot easterlies forecast almost all the way to Bermuda, if we leave tomorrow or Monday. Current plan is to leave Monday morning early, head north and then slowly curve around to the NE as the wind shifts, a starboard reach all the way to Bermuda, arriving on Friday. There is a cold front coming off the US east coast in 7 days time that could affect Bermuda but is currently forecast to pass just north of Bermuda, so we plan to be in well before that.
We're getting weather routing info from Chris Parker via email, and also plan to check in each day with Herb Hilgenberg each day on the SSB radio.
You'll be able to track our progress in real time with our spot tracker - there is a link on the right side of this page to it, or just go to PorDos Spot Tracker
. Unless the weather is really calm we probably won't post any updates till well after we get to Bermuda, so don't be surprised to hear nothing for the next 10 or so days. Also, please do not get concerned if the spot tracker doesn't show anything current. It runs on AA batteries and I have to remember to change the batteries every couple of days and reenable tracking every 24 hours.