16 December 2017 | Brisbane
04 November 2015 | Brisbane, Australia
30 October 2015 | Isle de Pines, Noumea, New Caledonia
08 October 2015 | Tanna, Vanuatu
01 October 2015 | Viti Levu, Mololo, Fiji
21 September 2015 | Namena, Musket Cove Malolo, Vuda Point Viti Levu, Fiji
12 September 2015 | Vanua Levu and Taveuni, Fiji
02 September 2015 | Tonga
13 August 2015 | Suwarrow, Cook Islands
25 July 2015 | Tahaa, Bora Bora and Maupiti French Polynesia
17 June 2015 | Tahiti & Moorea, French Polynesia
16 June 2015 | Fakarava, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
06 June 2015 | Tahanea, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
01 June 2015 | Raiatea, Tuamotu Islands, French Polynesia
28 May 2015 | Taiohae Bay, Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
12 May 2015 | Taiohae Bay, Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands, French Polynesia
26 April 2015 | Academy Bay, Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz, Islas Galapagos, Ecuador
13 April 2015 | Panama to Galapagos
07 April 2015 | Balboa, Panama
31 March 2015 | Colon, Panama
The Laurences visit Por Dos in Sardinia
20 August 2013 | Maddalena Islands, Sardinia
Max and Zak (and Ingrid)
My (Mark's) cousin Ingrid and her family - Max, Zak and Ray - joined us for a week sailing around the Madalena Islands on the North end of Sardinia. We had a great time with them and are looking forward to staying with them in London later int the year. Here is their report:
Our visit to Mark, Marta, Alec and Roan by Zak, nine and Max, eight, with some help from their mother Ingrid (age withheld)
Things we learned on our first sailing adventure to Sardinia:
1. The ride back to the boat from a pizza restaurant on Mark's dinghy was "Epic", and better than all the rides at Legoland, Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventures combined.
2. Our second cousins Alec and Roan are fun and funny (and very patient, enduring days and days of Monopoly and water activity supervision. Not to mention Roan's ship to shore "taxi service" on the paddleboard).
3. Marta is an "awesome" cook, with pancakes and risotto particularly great.
4. We can now point out to Mark where the North Star is (this was on our Bingo Challenge that mum put together for all the boys).
5. There are not nearly as many Naked Germans as we were led to believe (only Roan was "lucky" enough to cross off a Naked German sighting on his Bingo Challenge).
6. We now know how to play Ultimate Frisbee.
7. Boy can Mark rescue a lot of people in his dinghy.
8. The beds on board are very comfy, but the toilet flushing is a bit tricky (says only Max).
9. Take-offs from marinas when your boat is snagged on a rope are extremely exciting.
10. We want to see everyone again soon!