Well, what can we say. We're months behind on the blog. However, we are about to spend the next 16 to 20 days sailing across the Atlantic with nothing much else to do, so we will try and write some updates. To give you a flavor of what you might hear about in the future, since our last update we have:
- cruised around Mallorca and Ibiza
- visited Barcelona for a week by car
- sailed around the Spanish coast to Gibraltar
- did a road trip to Cordova, Antequera, Ronda and Grenada
- spent 10 days touring Morroco by van with another cruising family
- sailed to Lanzarote
- explored Lanzarote and Tenerife
- joined the Atlantic Odyssey Rally
Though we joined the Atlantic Odyssey Rally.
, and left Lanzarote with the rest of the boats, we stopped after 20 hours here in Tenerife to explore the island for a bit, and wait for more pleasant weather, while the rest of the fleet carried on.
We are planning to head out tomorrow following the fleet to Martinique, assuming I finish one last maintenance task in the morning. You can track us a couple of ways. We should turn up on the Atlantic Odyssey website: Atlantic Odyssey Rally Tracking
with daily position updates. You should also see hourly or more often updates on our tracking site: Spotwalla Tracking for Por Dos
Don't worry if we don't show up on either site, as the satellite trackers are not that reliable.
Look for more updates around the middle of December.
Mark, Marta, Alec and Roan