Princess 3

15 March 2011 | Atlanta
13 October 2010 | Duluth, Minnesota
27 August 2009 | Georgia
22 May 2009 | Florida
19 May 2009 | Lake Park Marina
10 May 2009 | Lake Park, Fl
06 May 2009 | Somewhere in the tropics
01 May 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
30 April 2009 | Green Turtle Cay
27 April 2009 | Abacos
24 April 2009 | MOW
21 April 2009 | Abaco, Bahamas
19 April 2009 | Mangoes
18 April 2009 | Abacos
16 April 2009 | Marsh Harbor
12 April 2009 | Hope Town
09 April 2009 | Hope Town
05 April 2009 | same
28 March 2009 | Elbow Cay
24 March 2009 | Abaco

Islands in the stream

06 May 2009 | Somewhere in the tropics
John
5-2-09
Finally out of harbours & are exploring new beaches. Today we took the dinghy for a couple mile ride to a really cool beach with lots of coral outcroppings. There was nothing around & no one in sight. We spent 2-days in a marina at Green Turtle Cay & were glad to get away this morning. Jerrie dove on our anchor and we are just hanging out after showers in the cockpit. We can now bathe nude since there is no one around.
We met some people in Green Turtle that we have talked to in Man O War, but got to be pretty good friends by the time we left. They have a J-32 called Sun Dog & told us some neat spots to anchor and explore that you don't find on charts. He is retired navy & she was a state representative in Massachusetts. They own a house on Man O War and keep their boat on a mooring in the East harbour below the house. They also still have a home in Mass.
Jerrie found some neat stuff on the beach today, but no sea-glass. It seems to be mostly on the beach at Hope Town, probably because of the reef there & the direction of the prevailing winds. Jerrie wants to take a class on jewelry making so she can make some stuff with the sea-glass.
The weather is beautiful with East Southeasterly winds blowing about 10 to 15 knots. We are suppose to have these same conditions for the next several days so we are going to take advantage of this to stop by a few deserted islands as we travel on to our next destination.

5-5 Cinco Demia
Mucho cerveza & margaritas were had this evening as we celebrated a successful passage to a beautiful Hispanic port. Just kidding about the mucho drinks. After clearing customs we napped as we had been sailing for over 24 hours to reach this wonderful place. Discovered by the Spanish many years ago, it is a busy place with a nice harbour. We were fortunate to find a great marina with electricity and no one around.
We rode the bus & actually found our way with little help from the driver. We looked very out of place on the "mass transport" for the city, but enjoyed the ride with air conditioning to boot.
During our passage to this spot, we actually saw 8-knots on the GPS while surfing in a beautiful broad reach for hours. We got here before dawn so had to heave-to for a few hours to transit the inlet into the harbour. It was a beautiful night & when Venus rose about 0430 it was so bright it almost hurt your eyes.
We also had a stowaway aboard all night. A tinsy little bird flew aboard about sunset, found a cozy spot under the spray dodger on top of my straw hat and went to sleep. The motion nor any of the action aboard seemed to bother this little bird. He/she stayed there all night and at daylight flew away after making a few trial runs to check out the outside world before heading out to its next destination. We were just off shore before it left. It actually got caught under the spray dodger trying to find its way off the boat, so I put my hand by it and it caught onto my finger and raised it up in the air so it could fly away. Don't know what kind of bird it was but it was a cute little thing. Wanted to take a picture of it but didn't want to scare it and besides it was dark so probably wouldn't have turned out.
Comments
Vessel Name: TRINITY
Vessel Make/Model: Allied Princess Ketch
Hailing Port: Charleston, SC
Crew: John & Jerrie Doyle
About: We've been ocean sailing since the mid seventies and delivered boats up & down the east coast, the Caribbean & to the Med.

Who: John & Jerrie Doyle
Port: Charleston, SC