s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Fun at Musket Cove

27 May 2012 | Malolo Lailai Island, Fiji
Rod
Musket Cove Update

Well, this is going to be a bit of a boring entry, I think. Why? Because we are having a great time, have no worries, etc. We are on a mooring at the Musket Cove Resort on Malolo Lailai Island in Fiji. This is a very cool place, and not like so many other resorts that don’t really care or want yachties around. On the contrary, Musket Cove loves the yachties and offers all of their facilities to us – but at a price. That price is one Fijian dollar. Yes, for $1 Fijian (about fifty cents US), you are invited to join (lifetime membership) the Musket Cove Yacht Club. The only requirement for this membership is that you have sailed here from a foreign port. You then get full use of the pool, showers, laundry facilities, access to the book exchange, dinghy dock, the grounds, beaches etc. All for no additional cost.

There is also a nice dive shop here and some of Fiji’s best dive spots are accessed from right here. The restaurant is good and reasonable, a grocery store, and Yacht Club gives half price access to a ferry that goes back and forth to the mainland Viti Levu for airport and shopping access. It is all a cashless arrangement, in that you just give your credit card once and then you have an account running. Easy peasy.

Musket is a social place with many moorings for a reasonable price or one can anchor for free. There is a beach bar where yachties from all over the world meet in the evenings and share the warm evenings. The bar is staffed by some of the coolest and friendly young women you could ever meet, AND they are frighteningly smart. I believe I mentioned their amazing memories in my last entry. It only gets better.

So, we have been swimming, paddling our kayaks, hiking the reef at low tide, hiking around the island. We have met some wonderful people, who have us over for dinner, hosted happy hour on board Proximity. We are playing music – our friend Bill plays trumpet – there will be a jam with him soon! We took the ferry to the mainland for shopping and an evening with our friends Jan and Eli on Jenny. It’s all good and just gets better. We will be here for a little while longer then we will head north and explore the Yasawa group of islands. Meanwhile, we are living in our swim clothes, and wishing you were here to share the fun.

Best to all of you from “Your Rock and Roll Argonauts”.
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.