s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Changes - We stay in the Pacific

09 October 2012 | Luganville, Espiritu Santo Vanuatu
Rod
The world changes. As you know, we had been planning for some time to travel to the Solomon Islands and then on to Southeast Asia, and being in Singapore by March. For a number of reasons, we have a new destination. We are not yet ready to leave the Pacific Ocean behind us. Southeast Asia and the Indian Ocean will wait. The weather in the Solomons has been pretty awful for months. So with hurricane season approaching in the South Pacific, we are heading north to the Marshall Islands. They are located above the equator out of the hurricane area, and will give us another season in the Pacific.

We are currently in Luganville, Espiritu Santo, and will leave in the morning for the 1400 mile voyage to the Marshalls. We have just returned from Oyster Island where we were stuck for a while due to the shallow pass that we can only negotiate when the tide is at its highest. We did, in fact, kiss the bottom once on the way out even though we were using our GPS track we made on the way in. Just a tiny bump, but it got our attention. We are a very deep draft boat. But, it was a great little anchorage, very secure during bad weather, and we had a wonderful time there.

We expect the passage to the Marshall to take 10 or 11 days. It is 1400 miles. What we didn’t get to do was to see the Banks Islands – the weather has been just awful with near endless rain. They will wait for another day. Same for the Solomons. But that is just how it is with cruising. Things change, and every change brings new opportunities.

As always, this is "Your Rock and Roll Argos" wishing everyone to be excellent to everyone.
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.