s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

About 275 miles south of Majuro

22 October 2013 | About 275 miles south of Majuro.
Rod
Happy Anniversary! Yes, it is our 11th anniversary, and we are celebrating here at sea. It really couldn't be more special. It has just been a normal sailing day, but special in that the wind has come back, and we are making good progress. For our celebration, Elisabeth prepared some nice nibbles and produced two cold Fiji Bitter beers from the fridge. The nibbles consisted of deviled eggs, an Elisabeth specialty, and dolmadakias that we bought from a nice deli in Port Vila. I remember back in Mexico when we were preparing for the Pacific Puddle Jump, we would have these potluck/meeting with other jumpers, and Elisabeth would bring her eggs. At one point one other poor woman brought eggs, and people were commenting on how much better Elisabeth's eggs were than the other woman. Of course, we felt bad for her, and thought that her eggs were just fine, but people are people and sometimes get clumsy with the social graces. Anyway, we sat out in the cockpit in the warmth and sunshine while the boat is galloping along close hauled into 15 knots of wind.

A wonderful life to be sure, a beautiful world, a great sail, and the woman I love, my true best buddy. The best 11 years of my life without a doubt.

It is our day 14 out here, and we are hoping that we might make it to Majuro on Friday, three days from now. We shall see. The course is to windward and there is a current that either sets us off to the west, or, like right now, is out of the northeast and just slows us down. While we may be sailing at 6.4 knots, our ground speed is only 5 knots. Strong current.

Best to all of you, and we hope that you are as happy as we are!

As always our position is shown of the right side of the page - just click on the map.

We will continue to keep you posted.

Rod and Elisabeth, "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.