s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Apres presque trois mois, nous avon partir.

16 August 2015 | At Sea about 30 miles north of Wallis
Rod
August 16 Bon Soir! After nearly three months, we have finally left Wallis. The weather turned nice with gentle wind and mostly clear sky, so we pulled up the anchor and were out the pass about 12:15 pm. Thierry had been promising that he would escort us to the pass in the "picnic-machine". He showed up at our boat just after 10 this morning along with another famile that we had met who also have a boat. Since it was Sunday, a two-family picnic was in the making. We brought the picnic-machine along side for a three boat raft up, and all gathered onboard Proximity. After a nice but short visit, it was actually time to start the engine and see what condition our anchor was in after nearly 3 months.

It was very much like the good bye scene in the movie "The Wizard of Oz" where Dorothy is getting ready to leave Oz and her beloved friends. Everyone gets a hug, and a few memories are shared, then finally it was just me and Thierry, like in the movie it was Dorothy and the scarecrow. Not many words were spoken. Like Wizard of Oz, it was understood, and words were not necessary. All eyes were moist, mine included (thank you sunglasses). Then, they were on their boats circling whilst Elisabeth and I tried to get the anchor up. Piece of cake, and it was still beautiful stainless steel. Ultra Anchor. Wonderful piece of kit.

But wait, there's more. As we three boats were making our way to the pass, we saw a fast moving diveboat coming to wave good bye. It was Pascal. Now the eyes really were moist. What an amazing three months. Finally, we arrived at the pass and off we went waving at our special friends that we do hope to see again. They touched us both deeply.

Oh yes, there is a guy in Wallis who operates a marine tracking and help service. Boats call him on channel 16 or 9 and Michel gives weather information, takes a float plan etc. All of the French boats use his service and we did too twice and our business was conducted in English. But, today, I called him and said "Bonjour Michel, c'est Proximity, la vollier de Halalo. Je veux dire merci merci pour votre bon travaille et aussi je veux dire bon vie et merci a tous en Wallis. Aurevoir! He gave a warm response back in nice slow French wishing us a continued nice navigation and bon voyage. It, too was very touching. Very shortly, both Elisabeth and I shared a little tear together. Thank you Thierry, Soisig, Timotee, Pascal, Palepa et famille, Dominique, Sabastien, Marie, Natasha, Rafael, Phillippe, Marie, Claude, Alain, Christoph, Jean Yves, Yves, Gearaldine et famille, France and Sandrine, Nathalie and Patrick and Max, Phillippe, le professor, Lagi, and all of the others. All of you.

As we sail into the night, I bid you bon soiree!

Be Excellent to One Another, Rod and Elisabeth, "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.