s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

What a beautiful day!

22 August 2015 | At Sea about 685 miles southeast of Majuro, RMI
Rod
August 22

Day 7. We have reached the halfway point and are now closer to Majuro than to Wallis. We have passed out of the convergence zone and are now in beautiful blue skies and little white puffy clouse and gentle breeze. We had one of the nicest days sailing ever today. It is touching. After six years of the South Pacific, this is our good bye. And this passage is being one of the nicest and most enjoyable we have ever had. Yes, we complain about the squalls when we have them, but they are part and parcel of sailing. It is like seeds in a watermelon, you just deal with them. Believe me, there are two very happy and cheerful people on this little ship tonight. Then, it is also touching that the last visit in the South Pacific for us was Wallis, which was quite possibly the most enjoyable stop we have had. So, the South Pacific chapter of our "book" ends on a very high note. We will miss it and the wonderful friends we have made on the way.

Speaking of the wonderful friends we have made on the way, to celebrate the half way point, I made a satellite phone call to Thierry, our very dear friend back in Wallis. We had a pretty good idea he would be home for lunch on Saturday after picking up Timotee from sailing lessons. Yes, it worked. It was really good to hear his voice and the news about the improvements he has made on the "Picnic Machine", his Fijian long boat. We also celebrated by playing the song Watermelon Man (Herbie Hancock version). A wonderful day.

Now, my Schatzi has gone to bed and it is my watch. For those of you who don't know this word, Schatzi is a German name which means" little treasure". She is the treasure of my life, and makes this man the happiest man there is. Sheesh...mushy, aren't I? It's my blog, I can say anything, heh, heh!!

Oh, and thanks for those leaving the notes. We love it.



Be Excellent to One Another, Rod and Elisabeth, "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.