s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Day 16, Moving Right Along

01 June 2016 | Passage from Marshall Islands to Alaska
Rod
Wednesday, June 1 It all went as hoped yesterday. We got the wind. It stayed with us, and we put in a 125 mile day! We are very happy about this, obviously. We are still zipping along at about 5 to 6 knots, and the wind os forecast to last a couple of days. We will see other light wind challenges until we reach about 40 North, so it's still a chess game. It is cool right now, and my short sleeve t-shirts have given way to the long sleeve shirts. Elisabeth is cute (always is) and is wearing as many as three t-shirts, depending on the time of day.

Nice day. With the cold front, the morning sky was totally overcast and had a very wintery look about it. Eventually, that burned off, but we still would see high winter looking clouds. We're not that far north, but it really looks like we have sailed away from the tropics (obviously), and that we have sailed into the realm of the arctic. (Power of suggestion only - we are still not as far north as Ensenada, Mexico!)

Speaking of Mexico. In 2009, we did the Baja Ha Ha rally to Cabo San Lucas. When boats do the "Ha Ha", they have to get back home, and they do the north coastal passage called the "Baja Bash". This is because they have to go back upwind to California. Well, we never did the Baja Bash, so in a sense, this passage is our Baja Bash. We could say that we finished the season in Mexico, and this is how we did our bash, by way of Tahiti, New Zealand, etc. We like the concept!

Elisabeth out did herself at dinner again tonight. We had Boeuf Carrotte, the French dish Pascale introduced us to in Wallis. Delicious!

Ok then, best of luck to Bonny and Ken, of Moonbird, who we hear are leaving Majuro for California. Think we are taking a long trip. Spare a thought for them. Their passage is 4000 miles to our 3000. Best to you Moonbird! Best to Larry , Don, Judy, and any others getting ready to go.

All best and hugs to all of you.

As always, be excellent to each other.

Rod and Elisabeth, "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.