s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Day 23

08 June 2016 | 2533 Miles direct west of Point Sur, Calif.
Rod
Tuesday, June 7

Another great sailing day, and we put in 117 miles yesterday. Sure feels good to be moving again. Although we were moving along nicely today, we had a nice easy motion all day long. That's over now, and the ride has just gotten wilder in the past hour. (I now have the seat belt on while I type this at the nav. desk.) Maybe the seas have changed direction. They were right behind us, and it was a nice quiet ride although the wind was in the low 20s.

It was bath day today, and since it wasn't too jumpy, we decided to give the cockpit a try. It is cold for this sort od thing now, so it took a little bravery. We did it. Both of us, and it was fine. We had run the engine to charge batteries, so we had lots of nice hot water. It was like when you go to the sauna and do the hot/cold thing. We will continue this as long as we can. The weather forecasts predict much colder temps very soon, such as 40 degrees F, / 4.4 Degrees C at Lat. 46. Brrrr. We will need that sweater.

From the garden dept. we still have a garden of Mung Beans sprouting that gives us fresh salads pretty much every day. We do appreciate that.

WE want to send a shout out to our friends Walter and Silvia back in California who have informed us that they print out this blog and share it with each other every day. Bless their hearts, and we love them! We were thinking that maybe some of you might be thinking. "Oh, another blog". "I'm so bored with that". "Aren't they there yet?" "How boring!" Well, we love you, but......we're not sympathetic! This trip is huge. Imagine that you just sailed from Mexico to the Marquesas in French Polynesia, the longest trip most cruisers will ever undertake. It took us 24 days. Then, you continue sailing from Fiji to New Zealand. It took us 10 days. Now, you're getting the idea of the scope of this one. It's a really big trip. That is why we really needed to get moving again. And moving we are. We are happy, both of us, we are cheerful, and the boat is a happy place. And when you leave us a comment, let me tell you, it really brightens our day.

Lots of love to you all, and we send hugs to all of you. Be excellent to each other!

Rod and Elisabeth, "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.