...and now we wait.
12 July 2016 | Dutch Harbor, Alaska
Tuesday, July 12
We are still in Dutch Harbor, and are now waiting for weather. There is a low ahead (counter-clockwise wind circulation)and to the south of us, as well as a high (clockwise circulation) that are bringing wind from the north east, east, and southeast. It is also accelerating the winds. Since this is the direction we are traveling, we will wait until the wind is more favorable. High winds, especially "on the nose" are not good traveling weather. Perhaps later in the week, but perhaps a little longer than that. It is frustrating, but we were always told that this is how one travels in Alaska. You travel when you can, and you wait when you must. We simply missed our window of opportunity.
Meanwhile, we will continue to find the source of the broken bolt. So far, we have no leads. It is a very small one, and we still believe that it had not held any load for years, so it is not a big worry. But, of course, we would prefer to find it, replace it, and remove all doubt. So then, that is our entertainment planned for the week. We will keep you updated, and we have put up a Dutch Harbor photo album. The link is here: https://picasaweb.google.com/114236330440348133854/6305240293790474833 You can also just click the "Photo Album" button on the right side of this blog page.
That's it for now. We will stay in touch.
Be Excellent to Each Other! Rod and Elisabeth,
"Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"