s/v Proximity

The Voyages and Adventures of "Your Rock and Roll Argonauts".

31 December 2019 | Emeryville Roadtrip
16 July 2017 | Wrangell Harbor
15 July 2017 | Petersburg, Alaska
12 July 2017 | Baronof Warmm Springs
10 July 2017 | Tenakee Inlet
08 July 2017 | Hoohah
07 July 2017 | Elfin Cove Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
29 June 2017 | Yakutat City Dock
26 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska, East of Kayak Island, West of Icy Bay
25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
24 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
21 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
20 June 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Seward, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Passage to Kodiak
22 April 2017 | Chignik,, Alaska
22 April 2017 | Sand Point, Alaska

Passage Seward to Yakutat

25 June 2017 | Gulf of Alaska
Rod
Sunday, June 25

Good Morning! It is Sunday, June 25, and we are just about 24 hours at sea, out of Seward. The forecast has proved accurate with very light winds, so we have been motoring most of the time. Since the Gulf of Alaska is known to be a difficult body of water with many gales and general treachery, we are quite happy to have it light. The 24 hour daylight is nice, especially at night. We will miss these super long days with their midnight sun as we travel south. It just makes everything easier to have the daylight.

Our departure from Seward was fantastic. Seward is one of the most beautiful places on Earth when the weather is nice with a blue sky. Not many of those blue syies are to be had there, though. But, yesterday, we had one of the prettiest blue sky days ever as we left. It made for a very upbeat and happy day. This means we got to see the bear glacier, and many others as we passed out of Resurrection Bay into the Gulf. Beautiful.

We hope to be in Yakutat on Tuesday morning. If we were sailing, we would be in on Monday evening, but sailing is always much faster than motoring. The weather is still forecast to turn early Wednesday morning, so we are motivated to keep up a good pace. No shame in motoring this course, and we have the fuel. Ok, this one will be short and sweet. Thank you for reading. And....

Be Excellent to Each Other! (You know, this is not just cute, it really can make a difference in making the world a place where we actually want to be living.











Rod and Elisabeth,

"Your Rock and Roll Argonauts" "Les Pirates d'Honneur"
Comments
Vessel Name: Proximity
Vessel Make/Model: Swan 41
Hailing Port: San Francisco
Crew: Rod Lambert, Elisabeth Lehmberg
About:
Who Are Rod and Elisabeth? We are Rod Lambert and Elisabeth Lehmberg. Elisabeth is from Bremerhaven, Germany, and Rod is from Monterey, California. In our youth we each had dreams of living on the water and sailing long distance. [...]
Extra: 2017 Update. From 2009 to Summer 2016, we sailed the South Pacific Ocean, visiting many many wonderful places and meeting incredible all along the way. Finally, it was time to do something a little different, so we headed North. North to Alaska. The dream continues. Welcome!
Social:
Proximity's Photos - Main
No items in this gallery.