Puanani Voyage 2016

02 December 2017 | Kailua Kona, Hawaii
30 November 2017 | Enroute to Big Island
29 November 2017 | Enroute to Big Island
27 November 2017 | Enroute to Big Island
25 November 2017 | Enroute to Big Island
24 November 2017 | Entering the ITCZ
21 November 2017 | Latitude O Degrees by 15O Degrees West
20 November 2017
19 November 2017 | >Degrees North of Where We Started
17 November 2017 | 150 Nauticle Miles South East of Caroline Island
15 November 2017 | 11 Nm West of Mataiva
13 November 2017 | Marina de Papeete
10 November 2017 | Marina de Papeete
07 November 2017 | Marina de Papeete
05 November 2017 | Opunohu Bay, Moorea
01 November 2017 | Marina de Papeete
30 October 2017 | Marina de Papeete
24 October 2017 | Marina de Papeete
23 October 2017 | Marina de Papeete
22 October 2017 | Matavai Bay, Tahiti

New Mainsail!

13 October 2017 | Marina de Papeete
Mark Logan
Aloha All,

It's just like when you were a kid and you got brand new "Keds" or "Converse" shoes. Felt like you could run faster than you ever could. I remember racing Terri and Joe up and down the sidewalk outside the shoe store. Always felt like I had wings (without the Red Bull).

I managed to get the brand new mainsail up with little drama. It took a while to get the bead along the luff to feed into the groove on the foil inside the mast cavity but eventually it was all the way up. Looks fast just standing still. To me it does, just like new shoes.

Much mahalo to the crew at North Sails, Honolulu Loft. Fuzz, Jimbo, and the gang really scrambled to get this new sail built and delivered prior to my departure. As usual, they exceeded my expectations. As the Honolulu Loft has, time and again. Much appreciated!

Also managed to wrestle the life raft out of the aft cabin and strap it down to the foredeck. Another TTD checked off. Only a dozen or so to go. I want everyone to know that it was Skip's idea to buy an 8 x person life raft. At least the three of us will have some leg room in the highly unlikely event we have to step up into it.

Good thing we decided to schedule the crew to arrive a week later than myself. The list of "Oh $h1t, I forgot to bring this." keeps growing. Luckily Rob and Blossom are there to assemble the necessities. Thanks folks!

The "good idea" cutoff fast approaches. At that point all Good Idea Fairies will be shot or thrown overboard. Their choice. It's time to sail this vessel home.

Everyone take care and stay well. All my love.

mark

P.S. Holy Crap! Looking at the photo of the new mainsail again. Freaking nice! Can't wait to get it out in the Tradewinds.
Comments
Vessel Name: Puanani
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 393
Hailing Port: Kaneohe, Hawaii
Puanani's Photos - Main
Selected photos and videos from our voyage to and through the South Pacific commencing 2016 04 30 to 2017 mm dd (TBD).
1 Photo | 5 Sub-Albums
Created 5 June 2016