09 August 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
30 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA - still
24 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
22 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
17 July 2010 | Port angeles, WA
16 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
13 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
11 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
08 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa (duh)
07 July 2010 | Victoria Harbor
05 July 2010 | Victoria B.C.
03 July 2010 | Roche Harbor San Juan Islands
30 June 2010 | Bedwell Harbor Poet's Cove Resort
28 June 2010 | MBVIBC
27 June 2010 | Maple Bay (still) but headed up to Chemanis
25 June 2010 | Maple Bay

Survived the wind storm

07 September 2009 | Poulsbo
Ray here...
Got a little breezy here and lots of rain but we survived! I was sure we was going to have to get out the Life raft and set off the EPIRB...but alas I remembered we were tied to the dock (insert shame and embarrassment here) ....we did rock and rol for a time though!

Anthony Bourdain! Yeeesss!!!...although he's not my boyfriend he sure represents my style in the old days...a pack of cigarettes and a few beers or local wine and some fried kalua pig skins...Yeeehaaa! I still don't miss his shows when I have The Food Channel. Sandy on the other hand...is not a foodie per se' so it's not a big topic of conversation at our house...glad there are others around that appreciate good living!

So yes, we're here in Poulsbo...finalizing the boat again...still planning on heading South then West but not sure exactly when. It is possible to go in the Spring but I bet it'll be summer before we actually go down there...meaning no telling how long we'll be here. We're changing out the fuel tank, which is a three or four week task, after that who knows? We still want to do Vancouver Island and the San Juan's and Sequim and Port Angeles...and...and...and...you get the picture...retirement does good things to you.

So the yachties are going (gone) from Poulsbo and things and setting up for a long winter's nap. It reminds me of living in Kauai when the tourists finally left for the season...all we could think of was Yeeeeehaaa! Let's Party!!! (I personally believe tourists really interested in ecology could like...just send the money to the islands then...stay home...but I digress :)

On the good side of things...I still have 5 lbs of Sarento's Double-Roast coffee left so life is good. The joke of the day was that I got the stove and refer fixed. Here's the story...so we bought a new Force 10 3 burner stove and Vertifrigo refer/freezer... (both made especially for boats). Anyway...we didn't have the refer for a week and a guest...(who shall remain unnamed)...closed the door and due to an engineering oversight not the fault of the guest...the freezer compartment door got broken. In the meantime, the stove started acting up and would only fire on one burner. Many telephone calls later we got it straightened away...the company we bought them from sent us (without question or hassle) parts for both. Figuring it was going to be a big job I put both jobs off for like 11 months!!...we struggled with the stove and broken refer for 11 months!!!...when...on a whim I decided to tackle the jobs...let's see...the refer took....oh...maybe....30-35 seconds to repair (no kidding) and the stove...all of 15 to 20 minutes...show's-to-go-ya...what??? There's a lesson here???

Signing off 'till later...
Ray
Comments
Vessel Name: Pure Joy
Vessel Make/Model: Islander Freeport 41
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington USA
Crew: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
About:
Retired July '09. This is our second sailboat together. Before, Sandy had a Morgan '38 which she sailed from Port Angeles around Puget Sound. Sandy has motored to Mexico in the 70's...and lived and worked on her own boat for 3 years in Alaska. [...]
Extra: We are happy to report we are actually doing exactly what we really really really really really want to do...(short of winning the lottery of couse :)...in any case...it's PURE JOY! HF Contact: KF7IDH

Sailing the Dream

Who: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
Port: Seattle, Washington USA