09 August 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
30 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA - still
24 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
22 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
17 July 2010 | Port angeles, WA
16 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
13 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
11 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
10 July 2010 | Port Angeles, WA
08 July 2010 | Port Angeles, Wa (duh)
07 July 2010 | Victoria Harbor
05 July 2010 | Victoria B.C.
03 July 2010 | Roche Harbor San Juan Islands
30 June 2010 | Bedwell Harbor Poet's Cove Resort
28 June 2010 | MBVIBC
27 June 2010 | Maple Bay (still) but headed up to Chemanis
25 June 2010 | Maple Bay

Fairhaven - Day 3

15 May 2010
Wow! Where did time go? Day 2 just disappeared! Okay, so we're here, and it's really nice to hear from people...I type as if someone might be reading but you never know. Hi Willow, and and Hi Bob, also continued greetings to our Chehalis Tribe people...Oh and Jesse, and Bryan!...and the list goes on and on.

Well, we're sitting here kinda offshore (in Puget sound - right!)...in South Bellingham (Fairhaven) about 100 feet in front of Woods Coffee Shop...(We're Seattle-ite's...coffee is my life blood!)...anyway, it's surrounded by in a beautiful little park called Boulevard Park, with a boardwalk and everything. We're the only boat right out front so we get lots of look loo's...but they can't get out here... It's awesome! I can almost walk over and have my double breve w/six sugars! Well...except there's water and it's like 30 feet deep..and cold. Now I think I know why Jesus learned to walk on water...who wants to drink a latte when your all cold and wet? The other thing about here is the trains...4-5 times a day either the Amtrak comes through, or huge coastal freight train...we both love trains...we have them here...plenty...all day and night...they're so close I thought I was going to have to move the boat...way fun!

So, we're waiting on our sail that we ordered from a guy in Mexico who had people in China make it and send it to Don's (Sandy's brother) who lives in Alger...(close to Bellingham)...way weird.

Boaty is running more than perfect! We're both really happy about that...finally got everything working and it all works as it's supposed to. I consider it a pay-off for work well done by both of us. Yesterday we ran the generator and watermaker...filled about 60 gallons, then the wind generator and solar panels did their work and kept the batteries well charged...enough for us to run computers all day, one refer, and all electronic equipment on board! I had serious doubts about the electrical because we wern't getting any charge...but it turned out to be an empty battery (the one with no water). Now all is well, and today I get to start my projects...things I've been wanting to do but haven't been able to until I get the "basics" up and running smoothly. Things like latches and tie-down points, installing a preventer system on the boom, and new roller blocks to assist getting the dink up and down...just a million things or so.

Today is also go-to-town-and-get-parts-and-do-business-day...Don's graciously going to loan us one of his cars while we're here...I'm excited...I love town...but then I like fast food, airline, and hospital food, or anything deep fried or BBQ'd..... but you knew that.

Ray out for now...more tomorrow. Cruz'n and Snooze'n
Comments
Vessel Name: Pure Joy
Vessel Make/Model: Islander Freeport 41
Hailing Port: Seattle, Washington USA
Crew: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
About:
Retired July '09. This is our second sailboat together. Before, Sandy had a Morgan '38 which she sailed from Port Angeles around Puget Sound. Sandy has motored to Mexico in the 70's...and lived and worked on her own boat for 3 years in Alaska. [...]
Extra: We are happy to report we are actually doing exactly what we really really really really really want to do...(short of winning the lottery of couse :)...in any case...it's PURE JOY! HF Contact: KF7IDH

Sailing the Dream

Who: Co-Captains Ray and Sandy
Port: Seattle, Washington USA