Queen’s Ransom circumnavigating Ireland and the Orkneys

Queen’s Ransom III is a Najad 520 from the UK

27 November 2023 | Chatham
26 November 2023 | Queenborough, Isle of Sheppey
25 November 2023 | Ramsgate
10 November 2023 | Weymouth
15 October 2023 | Dittisham, River Dart
14 October 2023 | River Yealm
22 September 2023 | Fowey
03 September 2023 | River Yealm
02 September 2023 | New Grimsby Sound
01 September 2023 | Tresco, Isles of Scilly
31 August 2023 | Celtic Sea
30 August 2023 | Great Saltee Island, County Wexford, Ireland
28 August 2023 | Castletown, Isle of Man
27 August 2023 | Bangor
26 August 2023 | Sound of Islay
25 August 2023 | Oban
24 August 2023 | Oban
23 August 2023 | Mallaig
22 August 2023 | Loch Duich
21 August 2023 | Stornoway

Sweet Angels!

02 January 2012 | In the air
Imelda
Monday 2 January 2012

Miami Airport

There was one really good blog title I had not used yet: SWEET ANGELS. This is what the waitress at Jaxson's called our boys a few weeks ago. She says that they are extremely well-behaved and 'we don't often see that in here, the American kids behave like wild animals'.

Two flights down and two to go.... Brendan keeps telling me very optimistically that we are halfway now because 'we have done two flights out of four' today, but those were local flights on Bahamas Air and we still need to do Miami - Philadelphia, Philadelphia - London. That is many hours of flying ahead of us.

I wish boats were like hotel rooms: walk out, check out. IF ONLY!

Leaving Queenie is STRESS FULL (double l intended).

Our neighbour was having a ciggie on deck. I admired his tattoos, then managed to foist all groceries on him, (the perishables like butter and cheese etc) TICK!

Then another guy appeared. Practically broke in to the big motor cruiser Bellissimo. Those cruisers must be fast asleep or not there at all - I observed, walking the lemniscate on a jetty. However, turns out it was Ulric this guy was looking for. He can't be much good at reading boat names, confusing a yacht and motorboat....Mmm... Apparently he is our next boat repair person. Another saga starts.... TICK!

I took Brendan for a walk as we will have many hours of sitting on airplanes. Suddenly Quinn and Elliott were out walking too, with a tray of reindeer cakes. Stored in the oven and very nearly forgotten... Fancy the smells in three months' time! The boys had their feast.

The taxi arrived late. I went to reception to chase it. Extracting Ulric from the boat took even longer - always the hardest job on the list. TICK! However, the REAL problems started at the airport.

The lady on check in desk was asked to verify our visa status for entering the USA. This threw her. She misspelled Belfast (where Ulric's visa was issued) and a long LONG line built behind us as she got nowhere at all. In the end she handwrote us boarding passes, making a point of not allocating us seats and not guaranteeing us a place on the flight. (Five places we had paid full price for, obviously!)

I admit that I made some sarcastic comments. I even admitted to Quinn that I felt some "anger management issues"! However, Quinn said, very matter of factly, "No Mum, that is mood swings! You never hit anyone and I have never seen you strangle anyone either!"

So that is OK then?!

Right... flight to Philly is leaving in 45 minutes. Ulric might pop to the business lounge and post one more blog. This blog is not uplifting and not interesting either, but it is a good excuse to post that picture of the bird that befriended us at the Warwick Cay islands!

By Imelda Almqvist
Comments
Vessel Name: Queen's Ransom III
Vessel Make/Model: Najad 520
Hailing Port: Medway, UK
About:
Extra:
Queen's Ransom III is a Najad 520 build no. 22 from 1996. She is equipped and maintained for world wide cruising. Read more about her Viking Voyage on this website "the Mission" under favourites Go to "the Boat" under favourites to read more about Queen's Ransom. Go to "the Voyage" under [...]
Home Page: http://www.queens-ransom.com