Don't get all exited now. Nothing new
22 July 2008 | Brisbane, Australia
The photo above is from Manihi Atoll.
This may sound a little strange, but I have never read our entire blog from start to end. Tonight I read a little here and there. And I have to say, we have had one heck of a trip so fare. Those of you that checks our blog on a regular basis know, that something drastic must happen for me to write. Well, something drastic just happened. The little crew on Radiance has been split up, after 20-month under the same deck. Angela and Malou left for the united states a few days ago. For the next 90 days Radiance and I are going to be in Brisbane by ourselves. I would like to write something for the blog, but I am not sure what to write about. I could write about:
- Why did I see a Coke bottle float around 2000 miles off-shore, but could not catch a fish
- The most difficult job in the world, Boat designer. The same cruising boat that has to sail safely straight through a storm must be also serve as a comfortable home at anchor. Sometimes you have to keep the outside out, and sometime you need as much of the outside inside.
- What does it take mentally take to live and travel in 37 feet of Fiberglas.
- A good friend of ours said about all the cruising friends that we say good bye to "I wish I could live on the same street, with the kids and see them grow up, with the 20'something and see them select a mate and settle down, with the adventure and think up a new adventure every day.
- The simple complexity of a sailboat.
- Why 3-year olds make good sailors.
- Our favourite place in the world. Manihi atoll. And why it is so difficult to write about.
- What equipment do you really need onboard.
But I would really like you to bring some topics to write about. So let me know, and I may give it a try.