Team Rashley/Gotrel 49er Olympic Campaign Blog

Keep up with Chris Rashley and Matt Gotrel's London 2012 49er Campaign

04 November 2008 | WPNSA
06 October 2008 | WPNSA
21 September 2008 | WPNSA
12 September 2008 | WPNSA
26 August 2008 | WPNSA
11 July 2008 | Stokes Bay
10 July 2008 | Home
30 June 2008 | Home
26 May 2008 | WPNSA
30 April 2008 | Home

UK Training Post Holland Regatta

26 May 2008 | WPNSA
We have been back in the UK training with the 49er Squad for the last 3 weeks, We came back from Holland Olympic Classes Regatta slightly disappointed with the out come of the regatta and were looking to do more light wind training and especially focusing on our starting processes as this was a weak area for us.

We have done 2 weeks training in Weymouth with Stevie Morrison and Ben Rhodes (the 49er Olympic representive) and the rest of the 49er Squad. We have had a range of conditions sailing in and out of Weymouth and Portland harbour but trying to replicate China conditions where possible. The training has gone well and have a new mast and main sail that we are really happy with, We are now on our way to Kiel to sail the Olympic Classes Regatta which is the first of our 4 trial events to re-qualify me for funding and to put matt on 49er ODS funding. We have to finish top 4 ODS boat this is a realistic target for us and we are looking forward to the challenge.
Comments
Vessel Name: Ronstan
Vessel Make/Model: 49er
Hailing Port: Stokes Bay
Crew: Chris Rashley-Matt Gotrel
About: Chris 19, Is based in the Isle Of Wight and has sailed Catamarans for the last 6years. He was part of the Olympic Development Programme sailing a Tornado and has recently made the change to the 49er where his efforts are now focused on the 2012 Olympic Games.
Extra: Matt 19, Is based in Gloucestershire and has always sailed skiffs, he was part of the 29er National Youth Squad from 2004-2007 and has now teamed up with Chris in the 49er and is set on competing at the 2012 Olympic games.

The Team

Who: Chris Rashley-Matt Gotrel
Port: Stokes Bay