Rhodes Bounty II Refit

26 July 2012 | Olympia, WA
26 July 2012 | Olympia, WA
25 July 2012 | Port Townsend
25 July 2012 | Port Townsend, WA
24 July 2012 | Port Townsend, WA
15 November 2011 | Port Townsend
26 August 2011 | Pleasant Harbor, Hood Canal, WA
09 August 2011 | Port Townsend, WA
09 August 2011 | Watmough Bay, Lopez Island, WA
09 August 2011 | Olympia
04 December 2008 | Hood Canal
31 October 2007 | Olympia, WA

Networked

26 August 2011 | Pleasant Harbor, Hood Canal, WA
Jon
For the past couple of years I have been upgrading my electronics. The old Signet LCD depth sounder display was barely visible and the wind intruments only showed wind speed, and no direction. I got a stiff neck having to look to the top of the mast for the Windex. I started with a new Garmin 5212 Chartplotter and GPS. Nice unit with a large touch screen display. Pricey, though. I mounted it on a swing arm just inside the companion way so it can be viewed from the cabin or cockpit. The remote control seems to use batteries pretty fast. More recently, I added a new garmin "intelliducer" to read depth and water temp., garmin gws 10 wind sensor, giving all wind data and barometric pressure, garmin gmr 10 display unit in the cockpit, so I have depth and wind display independant of the chartplotter, and finally, the garmin HD18 high definition radar. (A couple of years ago, I got into dense fog in the Strait of Juan de Fuca, with a nuclear sub aft and the USS Abraham Lincoln aircraft carrier to starboard, plus all their associated escort vessels. I don't want to be in that position again without the ability to see). After working the bugs out, the whole system is networked and now functional. State of the art electronics on an old Bounty II. I love it! Now all I need is an underwater video camera so I can watch what/who swims by on the chartplotter. Maybe not.
Comments
Vessel Name: Red Devil
Vessel Make/Model: Rhodes Bounty II
Hailing Port: Olympia, WA
Crew: Jon and Cindy Adkins