Red Knot

Vessel Name: Red Knot
Vessel Make/Model: Delphia 40
Hailing Port: Darwin NT Australia
Crew: Bob & Shaz
About:
Bob & Shaz are based in Darwin, we bought Red Knot in Brisbane about 2 years ago. We are enjoying the Queensland coast and Red Knot is currently cruising the Qld coast on her way home to Darwin later in 2016. [...]
16 May 2016 | Rally boats anchored in calm waters at Cape Bowling Green Qld
Recent Blog Posts
16 May 2016 | Rally boats anchored in calm waters at Cape Bowling Green Qld

RED KNOT ADVENTURES ON THE CORAL COAST RALLY

Red Knot went on the Coral Coast Rally from Airlie Beach to Magnetic Island 7-13 May 2016.There were about 19 boats & 50 yachties and Tim my 28 yr old son came along for his first sailing adventure.

RED KNOT ADVENTURES ON THE CORAL COAST RALLY

16 May 2016 | Rally boats anchored in calm waters at Cape Bowling Green Qld
Shaz
Red Knot went on the Coral Coast Rally from Airlie Beach to Magnetic Island 7-13 May 2016.There were about 19 boats & 50 yachties and Tim my 28 yr old son came along for his first sailing adventure.
The scene was set the first meet & greet night when everyone was issued with a name tag which must be worn to all rally events, $2 for a replacement - we only forgot once!
The 2nd night was a 'back to the hippie 60s' theme at Cape Gloucester Eco Resort, lots of tiedie, flares, cool sunnies and bandana's - peace man...Tim found the party boat that night and I'm sure he contributed to Victorious winning the rally!
Day 3 was best joke day with a short motor sail to Cape Upstart where the rally hosted sunset cheese and wine on the beach, very nice but not nearly enough wine!!
Day 4 again not much wind we anchored at Bowling Green for a bonfire and BBQ on the beach with a game of botche.
A weather change was predicted for early the next morning and we woke to the anchor alarm around 130am. We moved 500m further out but it was pretty rolly and uncomfortable so around 4am we set sail for Magnetic in 25-30knots winds. Unfortunately 3 yachts ended up on the beach in the early morning and were stuck there until high tide the following night when they managed to get off. So glad we left when we did!
The rest of the rally was spent at Magnetic Island, a beautiful spot to explore. There was dinner at 2 of the pubs and the highlight was the ABBA Stage Door show.
Our final night was the Rally Olympic games, lots of fun including a dummy spitting competition! Our thanks to the Abell Point Yacht Club organisers for an excellent rally.

We're now cruising North with a couple of the rally boats for the next fun adventures on Red Knot
Comments

About & Links