Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Merry Christmas from points south

25 December 2010
Karen
Saturday, December 25, 2010


Hello all and Merry Christmas. We have enjoyed the past two days getting random chores done around the boat. Yesterday, Christmas Eve, we had to clear customs which actually took the better part of the morning as the officials weren't there initially, then we had to wait on immigration. As it turned out, we went to breakfast, and then went back to finish clearing in, then on to Island Water World, to pick up a few essentials. While there the first of the storms hit, and so we walked back in the rain. Fortunately, we were carrying our trusty rain jackets which are a necessity. It rained on and off all day, and as we had dropped off our laundry early, and the girl was planning to take off early in the day we had to go collect it...in the rain. The kind ladies gave me a giant plastic bag to stuff my bags into and we made it back to the boat with clean laundry, still dry. We spend the rest of the day skype-ing family and reconnecting.

Today, Christmas day dawns clear and bright and our first order of the day is haircuts...so we go down to the beach which is deserted and get our sorely overdue cuts out of the way. Then back to the boat for breakfast and skypeing the grandkids who were a joy to see this Christmas morning! After that, Jim rebuilt both heads, a strange task for Christmas morning, but a necessity and he felt pretty good after it was all done!

There is no rain yet today and it is sunny and warm so we head to the pool for a refreshing swim then at 3:00pm we go to the marina restaurant to have a lovely buffet dinner. Breadfruit salad, pasta with cheese, seafood provincale, grilled fish, baked ham, and coconut cake for dessert. Yummy! What do we do after...why it's back to the pool til sunset.

While I admit I miss you all at home, this was a pretty wonderful way to spend Christmas Day. Merry Christmas to all
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL