Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Not sailing...in Romania

14 March 2011
Karen
Hello friends,
Sorry for the long delay in posting, but after a very quick (and rough, wet and grey) trip north to the Cays with Captain Craig and Inez the last week of February we have been in a whirlwind of travel.

Late Feb - Our friends from Ocean Jedi joined us on the trip north with the honeymooners as OJ was not quite ready for habitation and I can honestly say that this was the roughest of our five trips from Grenada to the Cays to date. As it is LATE February...do you suppose a moderation of the Christmas winds and unseasonable high winds and sea would be too much to ask? Apparently so, and we experienced high winds (25-30) with the correspondingly rough seas (up to 12 feet at times). However Inez was a trouper and we all had a great time anyway!

We arrived back in Grenada and said goodbye to Craig & Inez, then hello to Paul and Sue, our brit friends, who are boat sitting for us. They came aboard as we left on Tuesday Mar 1st to head home. Over the weekend we skyped with our friends back on Regenero and I cannot tell you how strange it was to be seeing her from the other side...and very wrong. Good grief, what were we thinking! We are FREEZING back in Chicago, and having sun-withdrawals after 5 months aboard in 80+ degree weather. Our friends informed us that the moment we boarded the plane in Grenada the sun came out, the rain dried up and it has been lovely with mild weather and a 10-15 knt breeze. I am trying not to take it personally.

After a week at home where we saw most of the family, our spectacular Grandsons, and celebrated Mom's birthday we packed suits and warm clothes and were back on a plane and landed in Bucharest on Thursday, Mar10th where Jim is teaching this month. Now in Romania the weather is quite nice, for March, with today’s temp hitting 60 and the sun shining everyday so far. As usual Jim contracted a cold, and has had to teach with a stuffed head and sleep deprivation. Unfortunately, I (Ms. iron-constitution) also got sick this time around. I suppose a temp drop of 50 degrees plus traveling 15,000+ air miles in 10 days can do that to a person. Added to that, the hotel, while quite nice in most aspects has the usual Romanian indoor temperature of near 80 degrees, with no circulation and a dry winter heat.

However, all that said, we are glad to be here, revisiting old friends and making new ones, even though it is the middle of the cruising season and we are decidedly NOT cruising.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL