Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Ready to leave

05 April 2012
Karen
Thursday, April 5, 2012

After doing our final internetting, laundry, Ice run, and farewells on Tuesday we left Salinas on Wednesday early and headed for Esperanza. Our new friends Dan & Debbie on Lady Hawk joined us on this trip, so we were three boats bopping along banging into the swells and again remembering the old Sailing adage…you know your going the right direction if wind and waves are on the nose…. And in addition to that we needed to dodge net floats all along the coast, some came within 10 feet of the boat, but we somehow managed to miss them all. However, at least we were able to see the lovely hills and mountains of Puerto Rico, not like our trip here. Wednesday was a long 50 miles and we finally made it into Esperanza, Vieques at near 3:30 in the afternoon….Finally, we can turn off the engines and relax.

Thursday was our shorter trip from Esperanza to Brewers Bay, St. Thomas only 35 miles, however the winds were not as predicted and we had 13-18 on the nose with a bumpy south sea for the two hours we were along the southern coast, however, as soon as we made the turn the winds lightened up and we were able to sail with full sail nearly all the rest of the way to St. Thomas. Six hours and we were anchored in a calm, peaceful beautiful bay watching the airplanes takeoff and land just behind us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL