Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Good News…Bad news

11 October 2012
Karen
Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sorry for the delay folks..but well, we've been really busy!

We launched on Monday as planned and everything was super smooth! For all I am nervous before launch, once back on the water everything calms down and it felt really good to be back out here. We made it around the corner of Grenada and to St. Georges quickly, and now its time to get tied up. The winds were light the whole trip, until of course we get inside the lagoon, and now have to med-moor (go stern to the wall) between two other boats. Jim is managing the boat as she gets blown this way and that way, but shortly, and with no bumps he backs us up and the guys get the lines tied off! Whew...we did it ...we are here!

We have completed a myriad of chores over the last few days. Scrubbed 2/3rds of the boat...put up the bimini...got the reefing lines in the mainsail....reset the Lazy bag in its proper position....swam in the pool....took several naps....made happy hour two days....drained water tanks....went to the fish market and veggie market....returned the car....filled water tanks...stopped at customs...and all the time dripping sweat. Jim has been telling me since we got here that it is hotter this year...and finally I am willing to believe him. Upwards of 95 each day...and mostly sunny - although that is about to change.

It is really wonderful to get back here to the marina and re-connect with some dear friends who have spent the season in the water here. And as usual, meet some more at happy hour. It gives us something to look forward to while we are getting our punch list taken care of step by step. A few of us dingy-ed over to the fish market today and I picked up a lovely red snapper for supper. Grilled it tonight for dinner and it made the best meal we have had since we got here...since, withal the work we have been doing, cooking has not been a priority.

Yesterday, while Jim was checking the weather he noticed a tropical wave forming to our east, where all the weather comes from here. Today we discover it has a 50% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone within 48 hours... uhhh, yeah - that means hurricane! It is moving northwest, at a speed of 10-15 knts so hopefully that formation will happen on the other side of us and all the lesser Antilles, however....as this photos shows....its gonna be windy and rainy here for 3-5 days. We'll keep you posted!

So the good news is we are tucked up right and tight here, and the bad news is we have a nasty weather pattern forming to our east.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL