Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Well, it’s been quite a week…

21 December 2012
Karen
Friday, December 21, 2012

After two days at Spanish Town where we took care of customs, shopping, 3 weeks worth of laundry, fuel, got the boat washed and watered and met a nice couple on charter who gave us a few pounds of conch they had extra, we took off for the Bight on Norman Island. After a lovely sail down the channel we picked up a mooring and were relaxing in one of our very favorite places. A few hours later Rick and Vicki, from Spanish town pulled in also, so we made plans to have happy hour on Regenero and I got to chopping conch for fritters, which I have never made before, and turned out just Awesome.

By Wednesday, all the activity & travel finally caught up with us and we did a bunch of nothing all day long, just trying to catch up with ourselves. On Thursday, we headed over to Sopers Hole to check out of the BVI's and get ready to head over to the USVI's where we plan to spend Christmas on St. John.

Friday, (the 21st...and last day of the world) was a little stormy, so we left Sopers Hole between showers and headed the 6 miles to Francis Bay. After picking up a can that required me lassoing it, and then jumping in and grabbing the pennant we tried to use the new clearance system we signed up for and call into customs, only to discover that we needed to go in instead....so we cast off our lines, and motored the 3 miles south to Caneel Bay, grabbed a mooring there, then dropped the dingy and zipped over to Cruz Bay to check in. 8 minutes after arriving in customs, we were all official and heading back to the dingy and on our way back to Francis Bay. Shortly after 1pm, we were back at the mooring we tied up to originally, and I used our extra long extendable 14 foot boat hook to fish the pennant out of the water and save myself a dunking! Whew....ok, we are here...again. By the way...KTM & Cris...this IS the scene of the crime...we are moored very near where we had to...ummm, move to LAST year...unexpectedly. Can't help thinking of you guys.

After our friends, Lee and Sharon arrived on Allegro, we stopped over to say hello in the dingy and discovered that some people were having an end of the world party on Lee & Sharons boat...when we tried to invite ourselves it turned out the party was too big for two more to fit...sooooo, we moved it to our boat. 'Are you sure?', they said...'you don't know any of these people.' "True' we said...'but we want to!' so 30 minutes later 12 people showed up to Regenero for 'The end of the world party' . We had a ball and got to meet 10 new friends who we now have Christmas Eve and Day plans with. This is how it all works in the cruising world.
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL