Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Back on the dock

22 March 2013
Karen
Friday, March 22, 2013

Yesterday was a great day! OJ got back to Christmas Cove about 10am, and so we jumped back aboard and helped them finish a few projects, and then hauled the sewing machine over so Denise could make a deck bag for soap and lotion with some of the material she bought. It looks GREAT!

It was Haircut time for us, and when we were all done with chores Jim dropped us off near the point by current cut to go visit the fishes. This is a nice snorkel spot with beautiful ledges. There was at least one wreck here and there was debris visible in many places. With a little super glue, Denise observed, we could build ourselves a boat! Frank dove down to peek under a sheet of metal, and quickly snatched his hand back when he saw the lion fish that had taken up residence underneath. It swam out, and extended all its fins, then when Denise and Frank dove down for a closer look it turned toward them, and made itself look even bigger. This guy wasn’t intimidated by us AT ALL. There was also a good size puffer down there, just hanging with the lion fish…an unlikely pair. We had dinner aboard OJ, marinated grilled steak and grilled potatoes – Yum!

Christmas Cove is exceptionally crowded as the Rolex Regatta is going of starting tomorrow, and we are about 1.5 miles from the St. Thomas Yacht Club, who hosts the regatta. There are boats anchored all over, and rafted together. In several cases, a smaller, sleek race boat is rafted to a larger cruising or charter boat, which acts as the mother ship. There were even 4 boats rafted up that were anchored and had and additional stern line tied to the shore. The boats just kept coming and coming. All pretty exciting, however we are glad to be heading out tomorrow, before things get really crazy.

Today, it is back to work. We headed out early and were on the docks in Crown Bay by 9:15 and our cleaning and organizing begins. But just because we can, late this afternoon we shower up and hop the safari bus over to Yacht Haven Grande where we meet Frank and Denise for $5.00 tacos…after all, all work and no play, would be …well, Work. Backseaters …. We’re getting ready for you!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL