Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

Preparing for the next stage

04 April 2014
Karen
Friday, April 4, 2014

Well, after a LOOONG day of travel Dean & Lisa made it home, finally, after a dingy, ferry, taxi, plane (sitting on the plane on the tarmac, returning to the gate, and then finally leaving) and a car ride back thru alligator alley! We moped around in Francis Bay for a day. You certainly can tell that the season is ending here as there were about 8 boats in the bay. On Wednesday, we decided to head over to Christmas Cove. Turns out it is a good thing we did since Charles & Leslie are here, briefly, and we had a lovely visit with them, then said our good byes for the season as we are heading west, and they are heading east.

We snorkeled late in the afternoon, and were rewarded with rays right around the boat. On Thursday, the salon opened and it was haircut day for Jim, then we had a great snorkel where we saw the biggest stingray we had ever seen, with easily a 5 ft wingspan, 3 other average sized rays, plus turtles and scores of fishes. You don’t have to go far to see lots here, and the water is so clear from the sugar scoops we were also able to spot Santa, the 5+ ft barracuda that frequents this cove. he didn’t stick around too long though…maybe it was the scissors?

Thursday night it started raining, and rained on and off all night, and well into the morning. We decided to head over to Crown Bay one day early, and so got ready and came in here in between rain showers….well not quite in between, as Frankie and I both got soaked while we finalized getting the boat tied up! Oh well, here we sit, and it is time to begin preparations for the next stage!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL