Regenero's Great Escape

06 February 2016 | Francis Bay, St John, USVI
31 January 2016 | Privateer Bay, Norman Island
16 January 2016 | Christmas Cove
07 January 2016
30 November 2015 | Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico
25 February 2015
04 February 2015
18 January 2015
11 January 2015
01 January 2015
31 December 2014
28 December 2014
18 December 2014
09 December 2014
06 December 2014

seriously, who is gonna put all this stuff away!

26 November 2014
Karen
Wednesday, November 26, 2014 seriously, who is gonna put all this stuff away!

Time flies and frankly, its been hard to even find the computer let alone have the energy to keep things up to date. We have been busy, busy with shopping and attempting to stow all the gear we need (OK, THINK we need!)

But on Sunday, we did chores during the day, ran some small errands, and took time off to head over to Nauguabo for a terrific fish dinner with Bobby. We left while it was still light and took a little drive thru the countryside, where I was driving at my usual Chicago speed, and Bobby telling me to slow down, take it easy!

On Tuesday we headed over to CostCo in Caguas, a mere 45 minute drive, which took 1.10 because of one missed exit, a 5 KM backup on the expressway, and another missed exit…as I said, PR is the land that GPS forgot…and using our Iphones to navigate is iffy! But we eventually made it, and began our big shop…when we filled one cart, we decided that we would come back later to do the rest of the stocking up! While leaving, we again attempted to navigate to another store (OK, so it was MARSHALLS!) and ended up turned around, in the rain, and this time the wrong exit turned into a North bound road with no exits for 25 minutes…yes I’m serious. If you get on this road, you cannot turn or exit until you get to the outskirts of San Juan. The good news is we know exactly how to get back from here…the bad news, we literally just drove 40 minutes out of our way, but more good news…we found out how to get to the Marshall’s superstore just here! Ok, so the trip wasn’t a total loss. Finally, with a carload of goodies we end up back at PDR. If I haven’t mentioned it already, here at PDR they have golf carts with trollies to take you to your car. So every time we get back from shopping we load everything up into the cart and get a ride to the boat. So far, each time we have returned to the marina we have avoided the rain which has been falling intermittently for the past few days. Sometime it pours, sometime it sprinkles, but we’ve been able to wait it out or miss it entirely – which is a good thing. Little by little the boat is taking shape, swallowing all our gear and ships stores and looking less like a derelict.

Wednesday we made a few more stops and finally bought the one thing Jim has been dreaming about almost since we boat the boat. We are now the proud owners of a 24inch LCD TV. Yup…we have a TV on the boat, and the world will never be the same!
Comments
Vessel Name: Regenero
Vessel Make/Model: Lagoon 41 S2
Hailing Port: Chicago, IL
Crew: Jim & Karen Doyle
About:
Jim retired from the legal field but continues to lecture and teach as an adjunct professor at several Universities both in Illinois and as well as a US MBA program in Eastern Europe. Karen is currently on hiatus from her job. [...]

Who: Jim & Karen Doyle
Port: Chicago, IL