Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Waterspouts

Departed 0700 once the current had slowed slightly through the cut. 32nms today up to Bullocks Harbour at Great Harbour Cay - the top of the Berry Island Chain.
Had light winds (which we expected) and were able to sail for the first 3.5hrs, but then...

Easter Sunday Passage

I was wide awake at 0400 thinking about the possibility of being stuck at achor in Nassau harbour for another week - something I was not looking forward to. When I suddenly thought about the anchorage at the top of Great harbour Cay. So, without disturbing...

Change of plans

After chatting with Oops last night we decided to meet them in Nassau rather than the Berrys otherwise with the upcoming winds, they may not be able to get to Nassau in time for their appointment. So this morning we had a 0700 departure - the winds and swell...

Back to Royal

Seems that Sunday is visiting day. We had planned to head down to Royal Island or Egg this afternoon, but just after lunch a couple from SY Kite popped in for a chat in their dinghy, and then just after they left, another couple from SY Despina popped over...

Escaping the wind

Wind is going to come in from the N later this afternoon and increase in strength so we waited until it had clocked around a bit and then moved out to Russel Island anchorage. This is not far from the channel entrace to Spanish Wells, it's just on the other...

Moving from the wind...again

Once more the wind has dictated we move from our current anchorage around the corner to a more protected bay. The winds increased this morning, so we moved a whole mile around the headland to Gun Point. Very calm and protected here and a pretty bay to sit in...