Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

5 trains

Popped into Pisa yesterday on our way back to boat. 3 trains, one delayed so missed our connecting one, fortunately another one 28mins later. First leg Venice to Bologna, change trains, Bologna to Florence and this was the one that was delayed, a medical evac on the train before us so our train couldnt pull into the platform. Then another train from Florence to Pisa. Stored our bags in a locker so we didnt have to traipse around Pisa with them, then a hot walk from station to the great leaning tower., but so worth it.
Back near the station there was a gyros shop, kebab, whatever its called out of Greece, so we each had one of them for a late lunch.
Another train to Rome, and another delay...due to an internal technical failure. This meant we were over half an hour late into Rome, and yes, you guessed it...missed our connecting train. No worries, just got the next train 40mins later. Back on boat in Anzio by 8.40pm. There were fireworks again late in the evening, but only phil saw them as Nicole and i had already gone to bed and were too tired to get up. Not as big as the other night, and further away apparently.

Comments