Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

Formentera

A relaxed start, wanted to restock at Lidl, excellent for cheap groceries, and it looks like we might have a couple days at sea, so wanted to get some meat and supplies for easy meals at sea.
tried to refuel, but too many boats milling around also waiting, after 15mins we found out they were waiting for the fuel truck to arrive. Fuel dock empty!!
I phoned the marina at Formentera and as they had fuel, we headed over there instead of waiting. As it was, there were 3 other boats ahead of us and more kept coming.
The passage across was like a washing maching due to the high number of boats, of all shapes and sizes. I saw a list of 2 ferry companies, one had 28 sailings per day, the other 30 sailings each day to Formentera from Ibiza. That was just 2 companies. And amongst all this we saw a huge dolphin swimming and playing around our bow.
We headed into the marina, went straight on to the fuel dock and filled up for €1.44 a litre. Cheapest we've had for a while.
Then went to find a place to anchor in what looked like a parking lot for boats. We have found that getting an anchor spot is all about timing...fortunate timing of someone leaving as we are arriving. And today that happened. A yacht pulled out leaving us a large space in clear blue water with plenty of swing room. Perfect!!
Went into explore the little town (and get an icecream) then went ashore for a walk along the beach and a swim. Back to boat, stowed zodi away, amazing fish burgers for dinner. ( always get great fish from Lidl. Had the lure out the whole time, but no fish, so had to buy it instead)


Comments