Adventure of a lifetime

Sailing round the world....slowly

The Ashes

Spent the last 5 days at Old Trafford Oval in Manchester watching the 4th test of the Ashes. 2 Aussies dressed in the green and gold surrounded by English supporters in their blue and red! We had weather of all types - sunny spells, rainy days, freezing windy days and then finally the last 2 days were clear, warmer and we had full days play.
It was a great series as neither team dominated and right down to the last day, the game could be won by the Aussies or drawn. In fact the game was won by the Aussies with only 45mins to spare - or 13 overs. England was never going to be able to reach the number of runs required for a win on the last day, but they could hold out for the draw - and that was looking more likely when their tail end battters refused to get out. It was a tense and nail biting last session. Every Aussie wicket we jumped up and yelled and cheered - and the crowd around us was quiet - every English wicket the crowd roared, so it was very interesting all game. We met lots of great people in the stands next to us and one stand in particular became very rowdy as the day wore on and the beers were consumed. This was the 4th Ashes test we'd been to in England and had never seen a win, so it was even better for us this time!! We were sitting next to Mike and Louise and I've never laughed so much during a test match. So much fun.!!

Comments